MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Available!] horstronic Buffmult 2.0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author [Available!] horstronic Buffmult 2.0
horstronic

Hello everybody!

When I got into eurorack with horstronic, my first module was a buffered multiple, based on a schematic of Dave Jones. The last PCBs sold out some time ago and people still ask me for new ones. As this was the first module I ever designed, there were a few things I was not happy with anymore. So I did a redesign which is now finally done.

So here is the Buffmult 2.0:

Its features are:
- 2x 1-to-3 Buffered multiple
- new version now includes 2 bipolar LEDs to show the voltage on the outputs (red=negative, green=positive)
- every output can be calibrated with a trimmer, which makes it very precise
- 4hp high quality panel (1.5mm aluminium, anodic printed)
- 46mm deep
- Current draw max. 25mA @+12V, 25mA @-12V, 0mA @+5V

PCBs and panels for this module should be available in August 2017.

Pricing:
PCB: 10,00€
(8,40€ without VAT)
Panel: 15,00€
(12,61€ without VAT)

Prices include 19% VAT
Non EU customers and VAT registered customers don't pay VAT. So that's a discount for a lot of you guys hihi

Shipping costs:
Germany: 2,00€
Worldwide: 5,00€

Ordering process:
You can preorder If you want to order, please make a post in this thread and send an email to horstronic ät icloud dot com. Please don't forget to include your shipping destination so I can calculate the shipping costs.

This page is a work in progress. If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know.
horstronic
Name [PCBs] [Panels]
Stides [1] [0]
Devon Dumpling [1] [1]
cjnuk3 [1] [1]
rosch [4] [0] cancelled
Morphology [2] [2]
ArboriaAuralist [1] [1]
diablojoy [2] [4]
Swyndger [4] [1]
Stides
I totally screwed up the original buff mult as it was my very first totally non kit DIY. I've since built a bunch including your joystick and arcade button, with great success.

So yeah I have the original panel, that I like, so please 1 PCB to the states.
dubtoms
I think you mean 4Hp , not 8 hihi
horstronic
dubtoms wrote:
I think you mean 4Hp , not 8 hihi

d'oh!
Yes of course hihi Thanks!
drip.feed
I have two of the originals and they're perfect.

Just wondering, though, why 1.5mm thick panel? Nearly all Euro modules have 2mm panels.
Devon Dumpling
Yaay, been waiting for this thumbs up

One panel and one PCB to UK please.
horstronic
drip.feed wrote:
I have two of the originals and they're perfect.

Just wondering, though, why 1.5mm thick panel? Nearly all Euro modules have 2mm panels.

When I started making eurorack modules I decided to use 1.5mm because I thought it would be a good size. As I never got any complaints I just stuck to it. I never saw any bent panels or something like that because it's too thin.
That's pretty much it smile
cjnuk3
Count me in for a panel and PCB please!
Morphology
PCB & Panel Please.

Is an updated BOM available anywhere?
rosch
missed the chance to make the outputs black like basically all the other modules in the world (even grayscale got it by now haha)
4 boards please. doucheland
horstronic
rosch wrote:
missed the chance to make the outputs black like basically all the other modules in the world (even grayscale got it by now haha)

When I started doing this there were not many manufacturers that were using different colors for ins and outs at all.
I decided to do it this way, why should I change it now? I'd end up having different horstronic modules with different color codes. Meh.
horstronic
Morphology wrote:
PCB & Panel Please.

Is an updated BOM available anywhere?

Not yet, I'm working on it!
rosch
horstronic wrote:
rosch wrote:

When I started doing this there were not many manufacturers that were using different colors for ins and outs at all.
I decided to do it this way, why should I change it now? I'd end up having different horstronic modules with different color codes. Meh.

I think it's quite obvious why. Speeds up the process without having to stick the nose to the panel and it's not like moog had to change their look to casio after 23 years haha. Well maybe not so important i guess.
I make a blank one with 4. I don't need the leds, i use your mults for audio most of the time.
Were you unhappy with the old precision? I can't hear a difference to the original no matter what I do, really good mults. first choice.
horstronic
rosch wrote:
I think it's quite obvious why. Speeds up the process without having to stick the nose to the panel and it's not like moog had to change their look to casio after 23 years haha. Well maybe not so important i guess.
I make a blank one with 4. I don't need the leds, i use your mults for audio most of the time.

Right now it just doesn't make sense to me to change it. That would make my line of modules inconsistent. But maybe I will do a design change some day, then I will take it into consideration thumbs up

rosch wrote:
Were you unhappy with the old precision? I can't hear a difference to the original no matter what I do, really good mults. first choice.

No, I didn't change anything regarding the precision, it was very good in the first version already. I just made a board redesign to make it easier to calibrate and smaller and added the LEDs.
The rest of the circuit is still the same.
ArboriaAuralist
1 set of PCB & panel (to the UK), please.
horstronic
You can find the BOM attached to the first post now.
diablojoy
2 x PCB
4 x Panels
thanks thumbs up
Swyndger
I would like to order

4x pcb
1x panel

for the buffmult 2.0

Three of them I want to include into my "one meter multiple multiples":
[/img]
indigoid
ace! I don't need any more mults (I built four of your first version of this, and still use them!), but I think it's cool that you approximately kept your panel layout and just added holes in it for the LEDs

I like your panel aesthetic. Is good
horstronic
indigoid wrote:
ace! I don't need any more mults (I built four of your first version of this, and still use them!), but I think it's cool that you approximately kept your panel layout and just added holes in it for the LEDs

I like your panel aesthetic. Is good

Thanks smile
evolutiom
I'll take 1 PCB if they are still available. Sending Email now.

Great work!
rosch
Hey please delete me again, I got a lot of buffered mults that are precise enough for cvs and even more in my backlog. If I really need more than the 2 modules I have now for audio I'll just follow the traces and do a quick stripboard. Already got the resistor values in stock since last time also. Cheers!
horstronic
Buffmult 2.0 is now available! I already sent out invoices to everybody who sent me an their email addresses.
Everything is ready for shipment now, so paid orders will ship immediately.
I also have a lot of spares, so if you're not on the list yet, you can still order.
diablojoy
paid thumbs up
thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2