MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BB compatible sampler / granular synth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author BB compatible sampler / granular synth
Tajnost
Maybe it was discussed before, but...

it would be really amazing to have a stand alone machine / module to work with the samples, have the possibility to granulate, do digital effects, work with 2 - 4 sounds at the same time, scan thru long files... and of course control and shape it from the BB system (banana jacks, etc.. )

Not sure if something like that ever existed. The Cocoqantus from Peter Blasser is close, but otherwise, I guess there is nothing like that...

One of the most desirable things I've seen recently and couldn't get is Orgone Accumulator standalone box, made by Batchas. It would be amazing to have such a size/format unit to work with samples.

Also, I've heard about Clouds adaptation for Buchla format (which is not so BB friendly, and too much interesting... ), maybe something for Serge systems also existed.

The last thing I would say - such a tool shouldn't replace regular sampler, or be as complex as computer tools. I see it more as an experimental tool for "musique concrete", "tape music" work in a modular environment.

Any ideas?
dogoftears
perhaps a gotharman little deformer with the banana expander box?
i never really got along with the interface/hierarchy of the thing, but the potential is quite high for real time interaction with a system, i think.

octatrack is quite good for some things like this as well, but does not have CV control. you can setup some pretty complex and weird looping "patches" on the OT... as you can literally have 8 loopers feeding off 4 inputs simultaneously. lots of potential there as well.

i would personally love a sampling/sample playback module in bugland, but i don't think that's really tom's bag.
BananaPlug
Interesting thread. I'll soon be incorporating Radio Music on a mostly BugBrand system but probably won't do more than filter it.

Grain stuff tends to remind me of the worst aspects of early digital audio. Doesn't float my boat although the concept is very appealing.

hmmm.....
Ramases
Tajnost

I use a Modcan A series CV recorder for some of the sort of things you are talking about with my Bugbrand system. It can do granular type textures ok although certainly doesn't do all the things you are talking about though. And unfortunately they're pretty hard to find these days :(

I think keeping it in a Bugs modular would inevitably have to involve something DIY. Mention of a Radio Music is interesting. That fed into the CV Recorder could be fun.
BananaPlug
Tajnost: Funny you should mention that. The A format one kind of fits right in. Huge though.

Got some good sounds that way, mostly from drastically slowing down glitchy sounds to find rhythmic clockwork sounds.
Ramases
BananaPlug wrote:
The A format one kind of fits right in. Huge though.

Got some good sounds that way, mostly from drastically slowing down glitchy sounds to find rhythmic clockwork sounds.

Oh - the number of times I've said to myself - "I wish the CV Recorder PCB didn't stick out so far!"

That must be quite a deep case you have there?
BananaPlug
Yes. The case was 36" wide and 6.5" deep to fit even the deepest Blacet stuff. Quite a monster.
Tajnost
Would be interesting to hear / see some examples with this Modcan CV recorder!
BananaPlug
Live recordings from that setup. Active switches helped manage the 57A. The uses in first two are pretty obvious. There's some in the third one but it's mostly fun for other reasons.

Ratchets

Mekanser2

Sink-n-scream
Tajnost
BananaPlug wrote:
Live recordings from that setup. Active switches helped manage the 57A. The uses in first two are pretty obvious. There's some in the third one but it's mostly fun for other reasons.

Ratchets

Mekanser2

Sink-n-scream

very nice (the 3rd!!! )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1