MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Alessandro Cortinis Rig for new Nine Inch Nails Tour 2017-
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Alessandro Cortinis Rig for new Nine Inch Nails Tour 2017-
Numanoid92
So last night NIN returned live for the first time since 2014. Since i'm a big fan of Alessandro and always curious about the equipment he uses with NIN and his solos work, i thought that it would be cool to have kind like a journal of his touring equipment for this tour.

So, first he's playing bass this year, and his Rig seems to be a LOT smaller than the last tour (maybe because Atticus is doing some synths work).

Prophet 12 is back, Op-1 is back, the Tascam Portastudio is back and his custom Make Noise Shared System is back (with Morphagene instead of the Phonogene)

msmithsp
very cool. wonder if his phone is plugged into anything.
Numanoid92
msmithsp wrote:
very cool. wonder if his phone is plugged into anything.

Oh yeah i missed the phone.. who knows, maybe he's sending with the phone a particular sound to the Shared System and manipulating it for songs like The Great Destroyer. If i remember right he did something similar with an Ipod and the modular during the 2007 tour for the song "The Beginning of the End"
msmithsp
So hard to find videos where you can really see everything that guy does. Since becoming interested(obsessed) with modular, I've gained more and more respect for Cortini. He's such a talented yet open and humble artist. His live rig is pretty streamlined, but his home studio... he has some awesome synths.
Leichenschrei
Glad to see he got a replacement button for his OP-1. Cheesy!
Saw him perform in LA with his EMS Synthi last year. Was an amazing ambient set. Looking forward to any future solo shows from him!
mt3
Is this a Sebadoh reunion?
Cymatics
mt3 wrote:
Is this a Sebadoh reunion?

hihi
Numanoid92
During Copy of A with the Tascam

Numanoid92
New detailed photos of Cortinis rig

LVRM
was he in the Twin Peaks episode performing with NIN? I'm assuming that was him based on the above photo
Tumulishroomaroom
That was him, yes.
mgscheue
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
That was him, yes.

With his Buchla 700.

Thanks for the pictures, Numanoid!

What's that module between the Rene and the Morphagene?
Numanoid92
mgscheue wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
That was him, yes.

With his Buchla 700.

Thanks for the pictures, Numanoid!

What's that module between the Rene and the Morphagene?

i think the two modules are the Optomix and Moddemix
mgscheue
Numanoid92 wrote:

i think the two modules are the Optomix and Moddemix

Ah of course. Especially stupid of me since I have both. I thought it was one module.
dumaisaudio
I'm trying to figure out the top of the MN System, can see the Maths and DPO, and the other end looks like Echophon and Erbe Verb, but the middle is fuzzy.
gruvsyco
dumaisaudio wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the top of the MN System, can see the Maths and DPO, and the other end looks like Echophon and Erbe Verb, but the middle is fuzzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4f4sugeB5Y

this might help a little.
dumaisaudio
That's a different system, he has two Rene's for the NIN setup. After studying the picture above, I think I've got it.

Numanoid92
dumaisaudio wrote:
That's a different system, he has two Rene's for the NIN setup. After studying the picture above, I think I've got it.

Yep, thats correct.

I never undestood why 2 renes, but anyway....
gruvsyco
He actually addressed the 2 Renes in the video I linked above. The top row is exactly the same. I'm guessing for studio/personal use he switched the 2nd Rene for PP/Mysteron and has since replaced the Phonogene with a Morphagene.

FWIW, he used the 2nd Rene to sequence voltages.
bargain1979
NIN are top drawer
dumaisaudio
bargain1979 wrote:
NIN are top drawer

So is your quest to get to 100 posts.
Numanoid92
gruvsyco wrote:
He actually addressed the 2 Renes in the video I linked above. The top row is exactly the same. I'm guessing for studio/personal use he switched the 2nd Rene for PP/Mysteron and has since replaced the Phonogene with a Morphagene.

No Mysteron.. He uses the Telharmonic
gruvsyco
Numanoid92 wrote:
gruvsyco wrote:

No Mysteron.. He uses the Telharmonic

*Edited* never mind
RhythmDroid
Ooooh, I'm curious about his "Don't Tread on Me" Gadsden Flag sticker on his gear. It reads "No Step On Sneck" -- it's a 4chan/Reddit/Tumblr Libertarian meme-ized version - I've got a similar one on my car...
folpon
gruvsyco wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4f4sugeB5Y

this might help a little.

I love that video. Anyone have a guess where the clock source could be coming from?

I believe I heard NIN was pushing a big Mainstage rig -- could clock be distributed from Mainstage into (something?), which then feeds clock to the separate modular rigs and keeps them in time with whatever MIDI gear is around?

Just curious about how people keep multiple modular rigs in sync, esp because there isn't any dedicated clock module (eg tempi) in Cortini's system.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2