MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Surgeon Workshop at SchneidersLaden Berlin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Surgeon Workshop at SchneidersLaden Berlin
exportexport
http://www.stromkult.com/video-surgeon-workshop-schneidersladen/

love
Coemgen
Very interesting! applause
ReturnCodeZero
I was just about to create a new thread with this link, looks like you beat me to it!

Great video from a legend of electronic music.

Anyone care to do a module list?

Turing Machine
Pico drums (If I'm not mistaken)
Tiptop hats/clap
Jomox (modbase09?)
Octotrack
Just Friends
Three Sisters
Loquilec iteritas

I know there is more, this is off the top of my head!
saywordsahn
He mentions a Mangrove around 7:20
slowpilgrim
This is great, so cool that they recorded it considering most artists are pretty cagey about this kinda stuff.
lohacker
ReturnCodeZero wrote:
I was just about to create a new thread with this link, looks like you beat me to it!

Great video from a legend of electronic music.

Anyone care to do a module list?

Turing Machine
Pico drums (If I'm not mistaken)
Tiptop hats/clap
Jomox (modbase09?)
Octotrack
Just Friends
Three Sisters
Loquilec iteritas

I know there is more, this is off the top of my head!

Here's what I've spotted.. still missing a couple of bits

EDIT:
Updated with missing modules, not sure if it's a Malekko 2hp buff mult or unity mixer there..
ReturnCodeZero
Nice one, thanks.
Koryo
That was a fantastic little lecture demonstration. It was nice to learn about his workflow progression from DJ to Ableton to Modular.

Two thoughts:
1. I learned how to pronounce Cwejman.
2. Outside of the Cwejman sound, why wouldn't a person use a combination of two dual filters, or 4 single channel filters, with a 4, 5, or 6 up VCA module? Is the QMMF-4 greater than the sum of its parts?
continuous
Just watched this and came away super inspired. I really like how he wrapped up by saying don't be afraid to take chances, both in creating music and in life.

Regarding his setup, it makes me kinda think about boiling down to 6U. I've got a 12U portable Enclave and I think I'm going to make a lid for
each side of the 12U and start thinking in terms of 2 6u cases for distinct purposes and really try to get to know just the one 6U side before expanding anymore. Now I need to source the latches.

Thanks for posting, he's def one of my favorite artists using modular!
noisejockey
Loved this. Straightforward and pragmatic, performance-oriented, and clear that he prioritizes music and the crowd. Hope we see more like this, and like Nick Batt's rig rundowns. Great content.
Xmit
yeah - this is great.

I don't use a modular live ( instead I use semi-modulars, drum machines, analogue sequencer & Ableton all together for my live techno rig ) but I still found this really inspiring & chock-full of ideas that have lead me to think about some new ways of doing things.

Tony is the man. applause
bargain1979
very cool
Koryo
Well, I guess I got my answer:

Surgeon talks modular synths and his live setup at Elevator Sound

Thanks
Sanys
yum this video makes me dig and buy that jomox kick module
prae
anyone have any clues how he has his octatrack configured for looping / sampling on the fly?
Zerius
prae wrote:
anyone have any clues how he has his octatrack configured for looping / sampling on the fly?

I think he's using the pick up machine in this configuration and have assigned Scenes to cut off the amp volume for transitions or bring the looper sound back.
The modular is looping with reverb effect (strymon pedal), and the dry signal let him the time to change and tweaks some knobs.

He explains his workflow in live with this configuration on the video but the sound quality is really bad at this moment so hard to understand everything.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1