MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plancks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Plancks!
adh82
Just saw this on instagram.
Looks like a 8hp frames! Now we are talking.

Jumbuktu
Missing out the 'c' in your heading removed the reference completely!
adh82
Oops, fixed!
Jumbuktu
adh82 wrote:
Oops, fixed!

No problem! I should have added- it does look interesting!
Vortico
I feel like Eurorack will soon be inaccessible to people with big fingers if this trend continues. I suppose you could attach a flexible straw to the knobs to have easier access to them.
recoveryeffects
Wow!!
Southfork
Vortico wrote:
I feel like Eurorack will soon be inaccessible to people with big fingers if this trend continues. I suppose you could attach a flexible straw to the knobs to have easier access to them.

Um you could just buy mutable instrument frames? Same functionality with better pot spacing thumbs up
REVIVER
Hmmm.

Isn't Frames intended to be tactile and performative?

Exponentially smaller knobs in a smaller format kinda puts a damper on that, I think.

Weird, uneducated question: is it possible to set the same amount of potential keyframes using a smaller knob vs. a larger knob?
Vortico
That actually didn't even cross my mind. d'oh!
savethisrocketship
As someone who tends to favor bigger pots, this is the first scaled down module that I might actually consider. I have always liked the idea of Frames but was worried that in practice I wouldn't use it enough to justify the HP... This might work for me!

Now to find someone who can DIY... hihi
reodjectz
....strip all the key-framing out and it is a 4 VCA + mixer in 8hp.

Then add parasites.
starthief
I normally don't mind small stuff, but... those knobs right between sets of patch cables don't look like they'd be a lot of fun.

12HP maybe?
mmagin
Vortico wrote:

There is certainly a lot of popular tiny modules lately, but as much as I always want to make a snide comment in threads like this, because this is certainly NOT the module for me, there are plenty of manufacturers of reasonably-spacious modules that aren't going away.
Zymos
starthief wrote:
I normally don't mind small stuff, but... those knobs right between sets of patch cables don't look like they'd be a lot of fun.

12HP maybe?

Or move the knobs to the side of the module maybe...
desolationjones
As long as the tiny knobs have CV inputs we can always hook up a polarizer/attenuverter to act as an external knob. Modules like O/A/x2 or 3x MIA are great at twisting those hard-to-reach knobs for ya.
ehafh
ah the benefit of sharing knowledge.

can't wait to see what modules show up in smaller versions.
it's just cool to see more options. i may or may not build one for myself.

would like to see an elements smaller, that would be pretty rad.
windspirit
4HP elements gogogogogogogogogogo
geh2oman
I'm in. One knob to rule them all!
starthief
desolationjones wrote:
As long as the tiny knobs have CV inputs...

They do not. There are 4 VCA inputs (and an "ALL" input), 4 outputs (and a mix output) and the 4 knobs are used to program the current step.

The only CV input that can substitute for a knob is the frame CV.
Hi5
Saw that yesterday and lost my shit. Would definitely grab one
sammy123
I guess I have mixed feelings about this and uBraids.

I like larger knobs and space to get my hands in. That is part of the joy of modular for me....the tactile feel. I personally feel these miniaturized modules take away from that. Just my opinion of course.

And...

Part of me likes the idea of cramming as much into a case as possible, especially as I perform more and more. I am always having to make sacrifices on what goes in the case. Smaller feature packed modules usually make it.

I guess my major hope is that someone like Oscillosauras does panels for them.
Paranormal Patroler
Congratulations on a nice shrinking. I don't get the negative posts, I can totally see how smaller versions of a module (in DIY) can be extremely useful for a live setup, while purchasing an original MI is the way to go if you like bigger designs, as well as to support the innovator himself.

We can have it both ways!
adh82
I love that there are options for sizes now. It allows you to choose which modules you want space to wiggle and what modules you are happy to set and forget.
Especially if you want to keep your case at a certain size.
Siete
8 HP frames u srs?

Thats is probably the feature-per-hp world fuckin champion.

4 VCA mixer sequencer keyframer offset awesomeness microsized.
djthopa
Wow! When? Who?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3