MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Klee in Wiard Style
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Klee in Wiard Style
jdkee
Over at Electro-Music forums, I saw a user (Mono-Poly) had laid out a Klee sequencer in a 19" x 4U panel that mimics a Wiard panel. I'd make a few changes to his layout to make it more like the Euro version. Would anyone here be interested in a group purchase of panels? Synth-cube has the pcb+parts kit for US$185. The panels would be 19"x4U 1/10" anodized blue with white labeling.
julian
Have you got a link to the thread?

I remember cutting a wiard style klee for someone years back (blue anodised / white infill) - im wondering if it was the same one?

(i have no idea - it was a long time back!)
johnnywoods
I have a klee kit waiting for this panel! Sign me up :-)
jdkee
About 3/4 down the first page here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-21954.html&postorder=asc
julian
This is irritating me - im sure i cut that design (not that panel, but that design) so many years ago, but i just cant find any file or email, so maybe its a false memory... : /

I do still have the files for this panel, but i cant work out who authored it -

DomMorley
Looks interesting- do we have a vague idea how much they would be yet?
jdkee
Awaiting a price quote from MetalPhoto.
DomMorley
Do you think it would be possible to use the same fonts as on the Wiard modules on this panel?
jdkee
That's a good question. A quick internet perusal of other 6U modules do not show any examples using the Wiard font apart from Wiard and Malekko. And I would certainly defer to Cary Grace and Malekko on that issue since they currently use that font on their products.
DomMorley
For sure - should definitely be checked with those guys first. I wouldn't want them to be unhappy about it.

Would be nice if possible though.
jdkee
I agree. I'll reach out to them when I get a chance next week.

Also, what mythological creature should appear on the panel? I know MetalBox already uses a unicorn....
thee ghost ov n_phay
Quote:
That's a good question. A quick internet perusal of other 6U modules do not show any examples using the Wiard font apart from Wiard and Malekko. And I would certainly defer to Cary Grace and Malekko on that issue since they currently use that font on their products.

you should do an internet perusal of SEQUENTIAL CIRCUITS synthesizers, the american uncial font used on those is the same as or very similar to that used on Wiard modules. I use EDDA CAPS for my DIY modules that I make to match in somewhat with my Wiard modules, sometimes I wish I'd used speedball or silentina movie, anyway, there's loads of nice fancy fonts out there for free.
DomMorley
thee ghost ov n_phay wrote:

you should do an internet perusal of SEQUENTIAL CIRCUITS synthesizers, the american uncial font used on those is the same as or very similar to that used on Wiard modules. I use EDDA CAPS for my DIY modules that I make to match in somewhat with my Wiard modules, sometimes I wish I'd used speedball or silentina movie, anyway, there's loads of nice fancy fonts out there for free.

Oh yeah - hadn't noticed that! It's the same as 'Pro-One', 'Prophet' etc.
Fnord
Not sure if mine counts as Wiard style, but it's blue and has the same knobs.
DomMorley
jdkee wrote:
I agree. I'll reach out to them when I get a chance next week.

Just wondering if there's any progress on this yet? nanners
jdkee
Just sent MetalPhoto a reminder email. They responded with:

"To get you approximate pricing we will quote 19” x 5.25”; .090” satin finish Metalphoto®; black text on medium blue background; 20 internal cutouts using stock tooling."

Should be any day now.
DomMorley
thumbs up
DomMorley
Funnily enough, I just got a Siel Orchestra 2 and noticed that's the same font as Wiard as well!
jdkee
From Metal Photo:

Rack Mount Synth Panel
.090” thick, Size: 19.00” x 5.25”, Satin finish
Black graphics, MP41 Blue background
Square corners, Holes (TBD)

Graphic setup charge $ 100.00

10 $ 70.24
20 $ 48.65
40 $ 38.33
DomMorley
I'm up for that.

Count me in.
DomMorley
Just me then?
carygrace
DomMorley wrote:
thee ghost ov n_phay wrote:

Oh yeah - hadn't noticed that! It's the same as 'Pro-One', 'Prophet' etc.

Actually, no, that is not the same font, but it is similar. Probably close enough for most. :-)

Let it be known that I don't personally mind what anyone does with their DIY stuff to make it look nice with their Wiard - I'm very happy for people to do that in fact - as long as they aren't cloning things I'm trying to sell, or using logos or trademarks, because that could create confusion.

I've even done a few custom panel design jobs for people who really wanted things to match...I'm open to that.

My policy is that I will not distribute any of the production panel artwork files to third parties, but I'm aware that there are a few (old) files for engraving floating around out there that people are using already.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1