MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Qu-Bit Nebulae v2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Author Qu-Bit Nebulae v2
Tristana
Also a vid from sonicstate:



Seems like Morphagene for $100 cheaper, which was the next thing on my wishlist.

The question now is if I can hold off til March...
MARK27
@bobdylan - Qu-Bit offers both black and silver panel options for all their products now, I believe.
hippasus
ersatzplanet wrote:

Yes it will be interesting to see if the stay with the same processor family or change entirely. They had to change because the model of Pi they were using was end of life and they couldn't get more. That may have made them shy of using OEM computers entirely. As an owner of two Nebulae now, I'm interested in how the new processor chosen will impact the feature set. (the closer they can get to a OD ER-301 the better)

In the video he mention supercollider, puredata support, so it has to be a linux computer in there. Now which one, difficult to guess, the power consumption must be a clue.
I will be interested to know what is the speed of sampling at the cv inputs. That took me off from the tt development. Audio rate modulation is really good for experimental approaches.
g0lem
Does anyone know the actual HP/size of the v2 module?

I'm figuring out how much room to make in my box.
nihilist
Anyone catch the sampling rate on this new version?
ym2612
[quote="hippasus"]
ersatzplanet wrote:

In the video he mention supercollider, puredata support, so it has to be a linux computer in there. Now which one, difficult to guess, the power consumption must be a clue.
I will be interested to know what is the speed of sampling at the cv inputs. That took me off from the tt development. Audio rate modulation is really good for experimental approaches.


You can see that there's a backpack that has the same port layout as a Pi B+/2/3:



It's longer than a Pi A+ and it has the wrong layout to be a Pi Zero.

g0lem
g0lem wrote:
Does anyone know the actual HP/size of the v2 module?

I'm figuring out how much room to make in my box.


Figured it out. 20hp as per their twitter acct.
ywwg
given how long it takes to boot a raspi, they must be doing something tricky
Funky40
are they UK or US based ?


i´m sooo Dead Banana on this one


edit: there is btw. no info on their webpage
which seems......well, i´d like to order things in a more environment friendly way vs. shipping several times across the world.......
ersatzplanet
nihilist wrote:
Anyone catch the sampling rate on this new version?


In the SonicState video above (around the 3:20 mark) he says the one he is demoing is 48K stereo and they will try and bump it to 96K Stereo by production time. Apparently they want to add more features than demoed and that affects the sample rate. Having a 5Min sample time makes for a bunch of RAM to work with for sure.
ersatzplanet
Funky40 wrote:
are they UK or US based ?


i´m sooo Dead Banana on this one


edit: there is btw. no info on their webpage
which seems......well, i´d like to order things in a more environment friendly way vs. shipping several times across the world.......


They are in Portland Oregon (or near Portland) last I heard.
ersatzplanet
Anyone interested on a good deal on a Nebulae v1? I have a black and silver one to sell...
matttech
ersatzplanet wrote:
Funky40 wrote:
are they UK or US based ?


i´m sooo Dead Banana on this one


edit: there is btw. no info on their webpage
which seems......well, i´d like to order things in a more environment friendly way vs. shipping several times across the world.......


They are in Portland Oregon (or near Portland) last I heard.


they're based 30mins away from NAMM now
Funky40
ahh ok, everybody Portland wink

Thanks



and : Euro samplers for shure hihi
rklem
The Mungo g0 was on my buying list to accompany Morphagene, but this looks almost like a more up-to-date version of the g0. I'd love to hear some opinions from g0 owners: Is there anything the g0 can do, which the Nebulae V2 can't? (Leaving sound quality comparisons aside, which will only make sense once the Nebulae V2 will be released.)
R.U.Nuts
Bump: is sound on sound/overdubs possible with this?
tbecker
rklem wrote:
The Mungo g0 was on my buying list to accompany Morphagene, but this looks almost like a more up-to-date version of the g0. I'd love to hear some opinions from g0 owners: Is there anything the g0 can do, which the Nebulae V2 can't? (Leaving sound quality comparisons aside, which will only make sense once the Nebulae V2 will be released.)


(1) Fit into a 12hp opening
(2) Record CV or Audio and play the result as Audio or CV (original version has a pitch CV out)
(3) Play arbitrary sample rate files
(4) Output is DC avaible

So I would say in summary the N2 looks to be closer to a Morphagene than a G0 both in size and in functionality. I like my Morphagene quite a lot and so I will need to see the N2 be able to do something new to consider it.

One question I have that would lead me to purchase the N2 is: csound or PD ect will be user loadable like in N1? And then of course I would like to know based on that answer what the CPU specs are on that backpack?

EDIT: yes for csound and PD is really nice on this unit!
rklem
Quote:
So I would say in summary the N2 looks to be closer to a Morphagene than a G0 both in size and in functionality. I like my Morphagene quite a lot and so I will need to see the N2 be able to do something new to consider it.


The biggest difference is probably that pitch/speed are always coupled in the Morphagene, while the Nebulae V2 has separate parameters for both.

Quote:
One question I have that would lead me to purchase the N2 is: csound or PD ect will be user loadable like in N1?


Yes, it's announced at about 07:00 in the linked video.



cliffemu
bobdylan wrote:
Guess my Clouds is moving on out in favor of this!


It seems like Clouds still differentiates by having a continuously updating buffer; no need to press record. Edit: I think the Nebulae can do this based on a reply from Qubit...

I wonder: can this sync loops to clock like the Disting?
tbecker
rklem wrote:
Quote:
So I would say in summary the N2 looks to be closer to a Morphagene than a G0 both in size and in functionality. I like my Morphagene quite a lot and so I will need to see the N2 be able to do something new to consider it.


The biggest difference is probably that pitch/speed are always coupled in the Morphagene, while the Nebulae V2 has separate parameters for both.

Quote:
One question I have that would lead me to purchase the N2 is: csound or PD ect will be user loadable like in N1?


Yes, it's announced at about 07:00 the linked video.




Thanks! Decoupled pitch and speed are closer to what can be done with Clouds and G0 via a tempo synced position ramp. But using a clock on Morphagene can achieve time stretching with independant pitch. Seems this workflow is more focused on N2, which might be nice for folks not well versed with tempo synced position CV. For example, a tempo synced PEG into the position inout on a Mungo G0 can do forwards or backwards playback with seperate pitch control.
Southfork
[quote="ym2612"]
hippasus wrote:
ersatzplanet wrote:

In the video he mention supercollider, puredata support, so it has to be a linux computer in there. Now which one, difficult to guess, the power consumption must be a clue.
I will be interested to know what is the speed of sampling at the cv inputs. That took me off from the tt development. Audio rate modulation is really good for experimental approaches.


You can see that there's a backpack that has the same port layout as a Pi B+/2/3:



It's longer than a Pi A+ and it has the wrong layout to be a Pi



Pi 2/3 etc might make it a bit of power hungry beast. I think the TT with pi 2 was running at around 200ma so if this has another pcb of stuff could be more.

Saying that it also makes it a powerful module. Even from the demo I’m liking the tone and features of the granular processing much more than the morphagene.

The G0 was ok but After delving into pure data it became clear it was only doing something very simple. Really Looking forward to the N2.
ersatzplanet
tbecker wrote:
One question I have that would lead me to purchase the N2 is: csound or PD ect will be user loadable like in N1? And then of course I would like to know based on that answer what the CPU specs are on that backpack?

EDIT: yes for csound and PD is really nice on this unit!


He talks about it on the Sonic State video above, around the 5:30 mark. They will make it easier than it was on the v1 Nebulae and will have more tools and tutorials on the v2.
maaaks
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Bump: is sound on sound/overdubs possible with this?


I'd like to know this too!

This is the first Qu-Bit module I've actually interested in, though I'm somewhat torn about the cound/supercollider/pd stuff. Feels like that's my computers job hihi
Tristana
'nother NAMM vid:

rklem
Quote:
But using a clock on Morphagene can achieve time stretching with independant pitch.


I don't want to correct you, but that might be misleading for potential Morphagene buyers. This is a special mode, which requires specific Clock/Morph rates. It has a limited range and sounds quite rough/chopped, even with minimal Gene Size settings, so it's far from smooth time stretching.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Page 2 of 25
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group