MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stereo/Dual Filtrex II
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Stereo/Dual Filtrex II
eljay
I've just started to build a Stereo/Dual Filtrex II and wanted to make sure I understood how this was designed to operate and be built.

I am assuming that each of the filters has its own set of Mono CV inputs, Mono Audio in and Mono(balanced) audio out. I'm planning to have two front panel switches to select 1)Master CV control of Frequency Cutoff 2)Slave audio input to the Master envelope follower. Are the following assumptions correct?

1) When the Master CV control is ON the filter controls on the slave filter will not work (i.e all controls to the right of the Filter Control switch on the slave have no effect).

2)Audio feedback from the slave can be on or off as desired.

3)If the Master CV control is OFF can the slave audio feedback still be On and used to affect the Master filter envelope follower, a bit like an additional side-channel input to the master filter?

The answer to these questions might seem a bit obvious but I just want to be sure I understand before I complete my panel layouts and start drilling holes. I'm pretty happy with the Power supply and ST--A, ST-V wiring/component explanations.
Synthbuilder
eljay wrote:

1) When the Master CV control is ON the filter controls on the slave filter will not work (i.e all controls to the right of the Filter Control switch on the slave have no effect).

All slave controls still work - but only on the slave. The master controls both the slave filter and master filters.

Quote:
2)Audio feedback from the slave can be on or off as desired.

By closing the ST-A switch the slave's chosen audio source is passed to the master. The master's envelope will then respond to the audio signal passing into the master and slave.

Technically there is no feedback as such. The ST-A pathway simply allows the master's envelope circuitry to listen to both master and slave audio inputs.

Quote:
3)If the Master CV control is OFF can the slave audio feedback still be On and used to affect the Master filter envelope follower, a bit like an additional side-channel input to the master filter?

Yes. The slave audio input will act in addition to the master's standard audio input or external side chain input. If both the slave and master's filter control switches are set to SIDE then both side chain inputs will affect the cut-off frequency.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1