MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author w00t
Muff Wiggler
just won some good shit on ebay...

Klang Werk, $201
frac-rack+PSCONN2, $68

sweetness. now i only need a Stonz to complete a major goal, which is my 'at least 2 of' every Blacet Module. I'm actually doing this to set up a pair of twin, identical Blacet towers, each one with 3 VCOs, 3 EG1's, 2 of a buncha shit, and 1 of everything else blacet. Gonna have patching contests with friends, haha. So I got 'at least' two of every Blacet at the moment, except the Stonz, which I only have one. Won't be long now. I really wanna finish this project so I can start putting my money towards nothing but Wiard 300

Also, speaking of Wiard, got a call from Grant today, and all the stuff I ordered a couple months ago is just about done, shipping either driday of this week or monday or next week. wow i'm CRAZY stoked, it's gonna be nuts.

i'm getting a pair of black JAGs (you know you can run audio and other things into the two axis inputs and you get HAHAHACRAZYLSD at the various outputs. man i can't wait

and a pair of borg filts, one blue and one black

and a blue noise ring to go with my black one (and damn i've wanted two since the moment i powered up my first one...only the time machine has also made me feel that way INSTANTLY)

and a black boogie to go with ma' blue one

wooo hoooo excitement! the fun part about all those is they were paid for ages ago so it isn't gonna hurt a bit lol 8)
zerosum
Quote:
I really wanna finish this project so I can start putting my money towards nothing but Wiard 300

Right on! Thats the only system I wouldnt mind waiting for.
Of course by the time I have enough money for that I will have plenty of other modules to keep me company in the meantime 8)
Muff Wiggler
yep, my goals were basically -

finish the frac super-dual system thingy

finish the metasonix system thingy

wiard 300

and that's it for me. maybe something stupid like a bode freq shifter or a pair of zeroscillators at the end, but then that'll be more than enough modular. of course buy anything new for frac-rack, metasonix or wiard in the meantime/future
zerosum
Quote:
bode freq shifter or a pair of zeroscillators

how about 4 lol
Spendy but cool, I'll get one waaaaaaaaaay down the line eventually..a Zeroscilator that is.
Chuck E. Jesus
your system is friggen out of hand! so you have two of those time machines as well? out of curiosity, is there any analog style sequencers in your formats of choice? i think the combo of the <insert name of digi/analog sequencer you have who's name i've forgotten> and ye olde "knobs in a row" would make a killer combo, i have a blast using the Pro One sequncers like that (but vastly inferior, only two sequences/no memory)....

freq shifters are cool...i got to use a 360 systems unit at two different studios, it's great for messed up vox and metalic stuff ( but not like a ring mod) one of my favorite toys...doepfer makes one, but i'm not sure the diff between the bode style (i believe modcan? makes one?) and the lower priced Doepfer...
Muff Wiggler
ross g wrote:
your system is friggen out of hand! so you have two of those time machines as well?

yes indeed 8) two of every Blacet ever made (except for Stonz, I'll have my second one in a few weeks)

ross g wrote:
out of curiosity, is there any analog style sequencers in your formats of choice? i think the combo of the <insert name of digi/analog sequencer you have who's name i've forgotten> and ye olde "knobs in a row" would make a killer combo, i have a blast using the Pro One sequncers like that (but vastly inferior, only two sequences/no memory)....

Yeah there's a few. The sequencer I have you are probably thinking of is the Future Retro Mobius. It's awesome - I have two of them. Also the Blacet Binary Zone can also be used as a very cool 'non-precise' sequencer.

As far as seq's for Frac systems go, there's a few options. There's the Oberkorn series from Analogue Solutions. Technically not frac-rack, but not Euro-rack either, as they mount into a 19" rack by themselves, they don't need a chassis, and they have 1/8" jacks and their own power, so they are as much frac modules as they are euro modules.

In native frac format, there's the Metalbox Sequential Switch (which is far more of a sequencer than a sequential switch to be honest), as well as for DIY'ers there's the CGS Programmer/Sequencer, which can be built to as many stages as one wishes, and is as fully over-the-top feature rich as any analog sequencer ever offered.

ross g wrote:
freq shifters are cool...i got to use a 360 systems unit at two different studios, it's great for messed up vox and metalic stuff ( but not like a ring mod) one of my favorite toys...doepfer makes one, but i'm not sure the diff between the bode style (i believe modcan? makes one?) and the lower priced Doepfer...

yeah i'm really really stoked on getting one some day, but it's a long way off, it would be one of my last modular purchases. Don't know anything about the Doepfer, it's a Bode I've wanted since forever 8)
zerosum
maybe another TM-3, maybe an evolver,maybe a sherman,maybe a machine drum.
Look forward to seeing and hearing about it grow
Muff Wiggler
no shermans or evolvers in my future i'm afraid

however a second tm-3 is something i've given a fair bit of thought to

and i will pick up a machinedrum one day, no question, but only one

right now all i can see are the motherfucking three trips to foreign countries i will be taking in the next 9 fucking days. the shit i sacrifice to pay for this stuff, you have no bloody idea mad
felix
machinedrum is the shit!! Way more than just a drum machine.

if/when you do, make sure to get the UserWave (UW) model. Not because you want to have sampled drums, but because you can do so many tweaky things that you are able to do to the samples.
Muff Wiggler
will do for sure 8) it'll be a while before i'm ready, probaly close to two years, but that's the plan

no more freakin' computers for me, no way

i did that years ago, had piles of servers and client pcs all over the damn house, running quake2 servers on the internet and music and fileservers in the house blah blah, not gonna do that again. desktop/tower PCs are *BANNED* in my house. i work in an office full of those noisy, nasty things all day, at least the days i'm actually in the office, which sadly isn't very much (so bloody work never gets done and i get farther and farther behind, but that's another rant!)

i got rid of all the desktops and towers and all that crap a few years ago. i got my 'dedicated music' laptop, and my work laptop from the office, which is what i use for regular net surfing etc as well. my wife's got her laptop. we got 802.11. that's all i'm doing for computers in the house lol never, ever, ever getting another desktop :shock:
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1