MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Banana system pictures
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 173, 174, 175  Next [all]
Author Banana system pictures
nordlead
Humble start - my first modular:

MechaSeb
Congrats ! It looks great thumbs up
Have fun with it
vgermuse
djangosfire wrote:
My Buchla 100 as it stands right now - 20u original (including cabinet and power supply) and 5u "retro 100" that I made... to fill the time and allow me to make noise, as I search the earth for the last few modules smile

Truly a thing of beauty! Congrats and happy exploring thumbs up w00t Guinness ftw!
nordlead
MechaSeb wrote:
Congrats ! It looks great thumbs up
Have fun with it

Thanks!! The first day and I already spent hours with that thing It's peanut butter jelly time! - not sure how I will manage not to blow infinite amounts of time just for the heck of it and get back to some sort of work ...
the bad producer
Hey, I love this djangosfire, is it made using vector rails?

djangosfire wrote:
Killer Serge!! applause

Here's my portable Buchla experiment setup - a mix of DIY 200 and original 100 series modules:

djangosfire
Great Serge pic @nordlead !!

Thanks very much for the compliments @tailwagger, @rick, @modularland, @vgermuse smile

@the bad producer - Thanks!! Actually the 2x 6u boats are a few 200 style clones that a friend made a while back... wish I had more!!!

I need to look into making a 200 style cab w/ vector rails... seems like a good solution.... next cab style will be a 200 15u wood cab, w/ a slope face. Cheers!
nordlead
Thanks a lot, djangosfire!

djangosfire wrote:
My Buchla 100 as it stands right now - 20u original (including cabinet and power supply) and 5u "retro 100" that I made...

Looking at these amazing Buchla monsters makes me feel like I'm visiting a formula 1 racing circuit on a tricycle...

So far I (successfully) tried to refrain from even looking at Buchla stuff (except maybe the Easel), so I don't get any stupid ideas - you guys are not being helpful here!

By the way, how do you manage to get your hands on this System 100 / 200 stuff? So far I thought that was literally non-existing - you would have to rob a museum or something...
Pfurmel
djangosfire wrote:

I need to look into making a 200 style cab w/ vector rails... seems like a good solution.... next cab style will be a 200 15u wood cab, w/ a slope face. Cheers!

I used euro style rails, (not sure what kind, they are flat with no "lip" like on the gie-tec ones) to convert a small toolcase into a 4u case for some DIY buchla modules. I'll post some pic's later.
Shasta Cults
nordlead wrote:

By the way, how do you manage to get your hands on this System 100 / 200 stuff? So far I thought that was literally non-existing - you would have to rob a museum or something...

the stuff is out there if you look and are willing to dish out the $.

lots of what you see these days are clones

btw.. I am selling a very nice fully restored Original Buchla 100 series system similar to the system adam posted pics of.. PM me for details
BHC303
nordlead wrote:
Humble start - my first modular:

Nice mate!

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
mrbloor
my ikkle babies

[/img]
eben1000uk
thought this pic might go well in this section...

djangosfire
Lovely picture @eben1000uk Guinness ftw! 8_)

Here's my weekend project (well last few weekends) - almost done!

vgermuse
Oh my Adam, truly a cabinet of wonders and curiosity! Beautiful!
chrisso
Lovely stuff Adam. we're not worthy
Shasta Cults

ORIGINAL - Buchla 300 - The Electric Music Box (1980)

found this photo taken back in 2007 in a folder on my drive.. was the patch i used to record this piece:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/ava76/buchla-296-buchla-donald[/s]

note: configuration has been changed slightly since this photo, now one of 2 original 288s occupies the space to the left of the System Interface.
polyroy
That looks superb, Rick.
Shasta Cults
its hard to see in this pic but its a hybrid system consisting of 28! Oscillators, Freq Shifter/Bal modulator, 2 Spectral Processors, 16 Lopass Gates, 8 Envelopes, Source of Uncertainty, Voltage Processors, Mixer/preamp, Triple Envelope Follower, System Interface, Time Domain Processor and touchplate. the 300 cpu handles all the sequencing and further voltage processing, multistage complex envelopes.
abendrot
whats the module left to the system interface?
Shasta Cults
its the 298 Silicon cello/sax.. a recreation of the circuit stuffed in the silicon cello... a few were made in 2002 (by me) at the same time as the original run of barberpole modules

a friend lent to me to mess around with.. wasn't very useful.. popped the 288 in there once i got it working.
abendrot
thanks rick, but I still don't fully understand what it does. Is the 298 Silicon
cello/sax some kind of envelope/pitch follower? And was this a official Buchla
release or a module that you build for others. Because I know there was
a website for the old barberpole modules but I don't think that this module
was on it.

Oh and thanks again for another lecture in Buchla history. smile
Shasta Cults
its a circuit don designed for a piece of music.. he built the silicon cello to play the piece in 1979 but there was some issue with shipping the original instrument around so a couple of these were produced to have available should the performance happen in the future.. they are not available for sale.
abendrot
Thanks again at least we know where they are. Save at the audities
foundation smile -->

But seriously, was this piece ever recorded. Must be a great
piece if they build several modules for it. Would love to listen to it.
Shasta Cults
i have a brief clip of it from a demo CD but i am not sure where that got off to... its pretty funny (hence the silli)
mono-poly
My Buchla 100 system is slowly growing.
A 144 and 158 are missing and will be together with the other modules soon.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 173, 174, 175  Next [all]
Page 90 of 175