MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Banana system pictures
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 178, 179, 180  Next [all]
Author Banana system pictures
tragedybysyntax
So what 16 step blue sequencer is that ontop? Looks like my metalbox sequential switch but different!
wetterberg
It's a Klee sequencer. Check the S. Stites label on the left of it.
cebec
Edmund Eagan's STS Serge system always bears repeated viewing and posting. Such a sick, sick system... we're not worthy

http://www.twelfthroot.com/studio/analogSM1.html

And that's a fabled TEV on the lower right:

b3nsf
i'm sure that case/rack/bug thing cost almost as much as the panels....

then again, money is no object when your that far gone...floating on a jet of liquid nitrogen up into the clouds of vaporized mercury!

(or something) razz
cebec
lol

I love this line, too:

Quote:
The stand was a one off, and as such was way more expensive to produce then I had originally anticipated.
mono-poly
My stuff

b3nsf

wetterberg
cebec wrote:
Any info on that? I could only find the price list with casual googling... Touch envelope voltage source... yum..
parasitk
Awesome, you guys rock. This thread will be 20+ pages in no time! SlayerBadger!
cebec
wetterberg wrote:
cebec wrote:
Any info on that? I could only find the price list with casual javascript:bbstyle(-1)googling... Touch envelope voltage source... yum..

Unfortunately, the info. and panel graphic disappeared from the serge-fans site last year.

Rex wrote this to a Serge list member some years ago:

Quote:
The Touch Controlled Voltage Source [TEV] has 8 independent VC slope generators, each associated with a touch pad (#1-8 ) as their primary trigger source. These 8 envelopes can be manually "played" and/or sequenced with the sequence length, speed and direction set with a combination of patching, switch settings & touch pad addressed reset points. The eight individual slope/envelope units have VC of total time so you can shrink and stretch the rise and fall real time by another envelope in the sequence or by any other control generator on your system. This main facility is further complemented by a 8x4 sequencer associated with touch pads #9-16 whose prime use would be for supplying programmable voltage sources to the VC inputs of your system's [DSG]s and [DTG]s to complete a phalanx waterfall of touch sequenced envelopes!

edit: found it!

parasitk

Stick that image in here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040815025741/www.serge-fans.com/shop.html

That's the best I could do!

edit: Nice, cebec!
cebec
SlayerBadger!

Ha, I found it the same way...
parasitk
I wish the blurb on the page had more info, although "Touch Envelope Voltage Source, aka 'Transient Hotel/Buss Station'" is pretty intriguing!
cebec
agreed!
b3nsf
Rex is a genius:

"Phalanx waterfall" of touch sequenced envelopes

modulating the "Tone stacks"

amazing way of describing things....

what are some more Rex-isms?
cebec
b3nsf wrote:
Rex is a genius:

"Phalanx waterfall" of touch sequenced envelopes

modulating the "Tone stacks"

amazing way of describing things....

what are some more Rex-isms?

Ha, where do I start? Talking to him sometimes requires a decoder ring!

He does have a really colorful way of describing things and tons of funny stories about the 'old days'.

I'm still hunting down all the 'monkeys' in my 'light cruiser class' system and one of my favorite modules is like 'a dinosaur [that crushes rocks]'.
carbon111

Kent
Looks like it acts as an 1/8th inch to banana adapter as well.
cebec
Kent wrote:
Looks like it acts as an 1/8th inch to banana adapter as well.

Are you talking about the TEV? Those look like the metal switches on the TKB.
parasitk
A better pic of the TEV was posted on SMOG love
cebec
Nice, thanks! It hadn't shown up in the list's photo album, yet.
parasitk
cebec wrote:
Nice, thanks! It hadn't shown up in the list's photo album, yet.

No problem! Apparently some folks are having trouble seeing it as well. It's pretty sexy!

I wish I had a really clear understanding of what's going on there. I mean yeah, it's 8 transient generators and sorta kinda an 8 stage TKB, but I'm curious about WHY these two things have been put together here in this fashion.
carbon111
The whole system in one "clump":

mono-poly
I really love the looks off that pyarmid in the midle! SlayerBadger!
b3nsf
James,

I'm uber jealous! Looking great! 8)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 178, 179, 180  Next [all]
Page 2 of 180