MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Boardweevil as clock master
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Boardweevil as clock master
chrisdermo
Last night I tried connecting the gnd and osc1b pads on my boardweevil2012 to the sleeve and tip of a minijack respectively and plugged the other end into the sync input a Korg sq-1. I wasn't expecting it to work but it actually did! After 6 years of wanting a way to sync my boardweevil to other gear there it is! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Definitely going to be making an EP in the near future with the boardweevil and some drum machines nanners
The great thing about it is you can use the power starve to completel glitch things out for a sec and whack it back to full to return to normality
chrisdermo
Soldered a jack to the back of the board, just had a great jam to fourtrack cassette with this setup!
jimmie
chrisdermo wrote:

The great thing about it is you can use the power starve to completel glitch things out for a sec and whack it back to full to return to normality

thumbs up thumbs up

It also gets funky when the battery is actually dying SlayerBadger!

wish to replace the knobs of my weevils which are getting lose - I play my weevils too much...
/\/\/\/
cool idea! would love to hear the audio
chrisdermo
/\/\/\/ wrote:
cool idea! would love to hear the audio

I'm working on something using this method at the moment, will post it up when it's done!
D.o.S.
RADDDDD
chrisdermo
Here's a 1 minute short thing with the boardweevil as clock master.
Beatstep pro is slaving to the osc1 and sequencing multicassa through bastl dude, ehx crash pad, delptronics thunderclap and rakit pc-2 clone.

https://instagram.com/p/BYT7PFTHNcs/
otoskope
That last insta-video was totally awesome! Beautiful!
chrisdermo
Thanks! nanners
BugBrand
Damn! I'd not watched it either - fantastic.
chrisdermo
Thanks Tom! 6 years on and I'm still completely in love with this synth love
chrisdermo
Perhaps I can use this technique to modulate a chirper! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
BugBrand
I just tried Chirper & SQ1 - works!
dadek
we're not worthy SlayerBadger!
really amazing @chrisdermo. only ever been able to do that kind of stuff by sampling and cutting my weevil improv sessions...

if I can muster the courage to use a solder iron, you will have opened a whole new world for me. thumbs up
chrisdermo
dadek wrote:
we're not worthy SlayerBadger!
really amazing @chrisdermo. only ever been able to do that kind of stuff by sampling and cutting my weevil improv sessions...

if I can muster the courage to use a solder iron, you will have opened a whole new world for me. thumbs up

Take the plunge! Well worth it. It's a very simple solder to the little rings on the back of the touchpads too.

One thing to be aware of is obviously each cycle of the squarewave = 1 beat for analog clock, so if you enjoy the slower filter modulations like me, your drum beat will have to be slow too. Going via a Bastl Klik I managed to get 2 beats per cycle. Once I'm back in the UK I'm going to try converting the squarewave to midi clock in the hope it allows for greater resolution for 1/8th and 1/16th notes via the beatstep pro.
KNYST
chrisdermo wrote:
Here's a 1 minute short thing with the boardweevil as clock master.
Beatstep pro is slaving to the osc1 and sequencing multicassa through bastl dude, ehx crash pad, delptronics thunderclap and rakit pc-2 clone.

https://instagram.com/p/BYT7PFTHNcs/

applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1