MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CHIRPER! [was:How about that mini synth voice proto? :-)]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author CHIRPER! [was:How about that mini synth voice proto? :-)]
shortsleeves
As seen on Instagram & FB:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYhocihHsmW/

Anyone knows anything? Looks mighty promising.

Cheers,
Lukasz
BugBrand
shortsleeves wrote:
Anyone knows anything? ...

Might do!
Coming soon, certainly hoping before Christmas.
It is a direct continuation from what I tried with Molnet but in my standard case & circuit formats.
Two basic VCOs (but can still track 1V/Oct quite acceptably) - one source, one modulator - each going well into LFO territory (single range control - no switches or anything)
SVFilter sweepable from LP to HP, self-oscillating
No VCA
Built in Cross modulation and a variety of CV I/O.

CHIRPER!
chrisdermo
Is there an external input to the filter by any chance?
BugBrand
No - afraid not.

I may as well share a pic:::

& block diagram:::
chrisdermo
That looks so awesome! Looking forward to more info - pricing / release date etc...
ben_hex
Very much interested in this Mr. Green
shortsleeves
Super stoked on this, Tom!

Why are there two Int Mod Osc 2 knobs?
[Edit: Now I see – the second oscillator is normalized to internal modulation of the oscillator one, as well as the filter.]

Cheers,
Lukasz
glia
applause perfect

seen it on instagram and fell in love with the layout / architecture / sound
perfection!
numan7
what are some of the use-cases you envision for chirper's direct (output) jack, Tom?

hmm, i could see patching it into a modular system as a modulation source perhaps (although i'd probably consider either of the VCO outputs first for that), or into some combination of vca, wavefolder and delay or reverb type of effects modules (and then mixing that signal with the main output)... it's just the unattenuated output, right?

cheers
BugBrand
numan7 wrote:
.... it's just the unattenuated output, right?

There's actually an internal jumper to select pre or post master Output level control.

I see it mainly as a link for if there are future supporting 'modules' (and that's a distinct IF at this stage) - but you can also use it plugged back into CV inputs or whatever.
lnd
hyper hyper hyper
numan7
Thanks for explaining, Tom - makes sense.

cheers
syncretism
Oh, this looks fun. It reminds me of Flower Electronics' Little Boy Blue, but the filter adds a whole new dimension to keep it fresh. Nice!
chrisdermo
Hey Tom, is this still looking to be a pre-Christmas release?
BugBrand
Possibly, possibly not.
Boards are only just in production now - in part because I farted around for a month or two wondering about an expansion, but subsequently decided against it. There has also been considerable and continuing life turmoil.
So probably more likely in January.
chrisdermo
Sorry to hear about the turmoil Tom. I think probably good choice with no expander too, this thing seems totally awesome as is! Looking forward to getting my mits on one when I can!
BugBrand
At least I put some test points on the PCB for the intrepid, but I kind of swore off expanders after the DRM1+X -- the approach just didn't feel smooth, even if it did open up possibilities. I daresay there'll be some disappointment if pics of the expander proto come out, but it did feel that it took away from the simple & direct approach of the core Chirp.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1