MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

panel dimensions differences
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author panel dimensions differences
Ricochet
Hi folks !
The problem:
Planing my first Modular Synth since 30 years I start now with changing the MOTM-design from Qakleysound side into dotcom-format.
For this, I export the download panel from fpd (Schaeffer) into pdf for using it with COREL DRAW. (this works fine)

As I start with "The Envelope Follower and Gate Extractor (EFG)" (because I have this one still here brought second hand), there are
some differences between real and panel design:

1. the high dimension between the first row jacks (from bottom) to the second one is in the file 26mm (pic below) und in reality 24mm
2. the horizontal dimension between the first hole from left and the second is 21cm on screen and 26mm on my Module here build from krisp
The same is between the third and fourth hole (21mm on screen, 26 real).

Between the other dimensions are no differences

so, the trouble is, this differences are especially at that point, where socket boards are used.

May anybody help me find the right way ?!

thanks
Gerd
Synthbuilder
I've not measured a Krisp1 MU panel but I know that Paul uses a different socket board to the ones I supply. The socket boards I sell are for my own MOTM based format and have a narrower horizontal spacing to Paul's MU offerings. It is possible to use an Oakley socket board for a MU panel design but you'll have to use the standard Oakley spacing and not Krisp1's MU spacing.

I should add also that Oakley modules differ from the original Synthtech MOTM spacings slightly too.

Tony
Leverkusen
I thought about using the socket boards for MU designed modules too but I feel it won't look as nice as wiring to panel mounted jacks as the MU panels are wider and the jacks would probably sit too narrow on them bound to their standard sockets.

So for the panel design I plan to set the jacks a bit wider apart in the software before exporting them to print. I might change the design a bit too to fit the scale rings around the knobs of my other MU modules.

I assume it will be a little bit of trial and error until a nicely screen printable design template is finished for my forthcoming builds...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1