MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY precision adder/octave switch?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author DIY precision adder/octave switch?
Shoggoth
Any Euro DIY modules with PCB/panel like this, Beast's Chalkboard, A-185-2? FCUK Trans Europa can do that, but it's bigger and has more features than I need. Plus I would still need a mult to distribute to multiple VCOs. Fitzgreye had something close too, but that only ranged one octave up/down.

I'm thinking about trying to hack the attenuverter on the Manhattan Analog CVP so that it's an octave switch, and change the offset pot to +- .5v. That module would be perfect for that since it has glide too. Wondering if something else exists. Seems like a great opportunity for someone to make something small and simple for 1v/oct distribution.
mskala
I'm not sure it has the features you want, but I sell one. Two channels of addition or subtraction in 8HP. The manual octave switches only go +-1; there is CV control over a wider range and you can chain the channels.
dhaillant
mskala wrote:
I'm not sure it has the features you want, but I sell one.

Man, your User/Build Manual is awsome! Schematics, specifications, physical descriptions, theory of operation, adjusment procedures... and beautiful mechanical drawings! wow!
Congrats! we're not worthy
basicbasic
I've looked long and hard for a similar thing (and even hacked together one myself) but mskala's one is the best i've found especially as it has CV over octaves.

I was using the Frequency Central Trans Europa (which was fine but only single channel and quite large) but I recently built an Ornament & Crime and it turns out that it has a couple of modes that do what I need (plus all the other stuff) so i'll stick with that for now as it supports up to 4 outputs which suits me well atm.

If I hadn't built an O&C then i'd be ordering a pcb/panel from mskala.
lessavyfav
dhaillant wrote:
mskala wrote:

Man, your User/Build Manual is awsome! Schematics, specifications, physical descriptions, theory of operation, adjusment procedures... and beautiful mechanical drawings! wow!

I second that- amazing
daynehacks
dhaillant wrote:
mskala wrote:

WOW, I had to check for myself. Numbered pages? an index? all the boxes checked. Nice work, nice modules, Can't wait to buy something from you!
It's peanut butter jelly time!
Shoggoth
I'm building another O_C shortly, didn't consider to use it this way since it does about a million other things, but I'll check it out!
av500
this one is coming out very soon, it will be DIY as well as prebuilt:

daynehacks
Hot digity! that looks fun! Rockin' Banana!
Shoggoth
av500 wrote:
this one is coming out very soon, it will be DIY as well as prebuilt:

Cool! I'm definitely interested since I'll only have a 4 hp spot open. Through hole or SMT? Analog, right? So are there multiple switches that add/subtract the same voltage (I see 2 x 1 oct,2 x 2 oct switches)? Would it be difficult to change/hack the A input to a second output? I'd often distribute to 2 VCOs. How soon is this getting released?
av500
Shoggoth wrote:

Cool! I'm definitely interested since I'll only have a 4 hp spot open. Through hole or SMT? Analog, right? So are there multiple switches that add/subtract the same voltage (I see 2 x 1 oct,2 x 2 oct switches)? Would it be difficult to change/hack the A input to a second output? I'd often distribute to 2 VCOs. How soon is this getting released?

all analog, SMT. the switches add/subtract 1, 2, 4, 12 or 24 semitones, so it can go up or down 43 semitones in total - hence the name smile

to e.g. go 5 semitones up you do +1 and + 4, to go 8 semitones down you do +12 and -4

so yes, you need to do math razz
fitzgreyve
Shoggoth wrote:
Fitzgreye had something close too, but that only ranged one octave up/down.

Sorry for the late input - my "VCO Driver" euro module is a set of modified circuits out of a roland 100m keyboard, and does include a +1/-1 octave switch.

I also have an octave switch add-on pcb (chicklet?) that's designed to replace a pot. 6 way, accuracy depends on resistor selection.

You could always combine the two !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1