MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STEFFCORP - 2600 VCO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author STEFFCORP - 2600 VCO
steffensen
Hey peeps,
I figured we could use a thread for any builders of the new VCO from us.

Here is some text and links!

The Steffcorp 2600 VCO is an analogue oscillator with full voltage control based on the 4027-1 ’VCO-2’ oscillator used in the ARP 2600.
It’s not just a copy however, we have gone to great lengths to bring it into the 21th century.
A much needed precision reference voltage was added, as well as buffers and a few other goodies.
Going SMT offered the means of improving the PCB-layout even further, as well as a selection of easy-to-source parts. No more treasure hunts and extravaganza prices.
On top of this, a good bit of time was spent on analyzing and comparing modern parts to find the best matches of the original part specifications.

BUILDGUIDE

Available at Modular Addict and DIYsynth

Thanks for reading!
heapish
Nice, everything looks pretty easy going too! The hardest parts being Q1 with the small pitch and the electrolytic smd. But they're still easy enough.
Silicium
Hey steffensen,

do you have some THT pcbs left?
I still have some rare parts left which i would like to bring into one or two additional 2600 VCOs!
steffensen
heapish
Yes, super easy build actually! Even Q1 is easy with some flux.
Same goes with the electros imo. But i might just been lucky thus far. razz

Silicium
No THT left. It's all SMT now.
Once i gave it a go i realized how fast and easy it was!
That said, i might release the older THT designs in some version in the future.
LED-man
If needed I can preassemble the ICs and Q1
ZZ Ardoz
Just ordered my parts - looking forward to this
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1