MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Do both BEMI 208 oscillators track equally far?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Do both BEMI 208 oscillators track equally far?
Peake
I have customers who apparently perceive the 208 to be a standard two-oscillator synth and it's not, it's got an audio oscillator and a lower-frequency modulation oscillator. It appears, not referencing schematics, that the MO isn't as complete as the CO; the CO appears to be a baby 258 but the MO doesn't have the same components (2N3806, two matched 2N3565) so I'm wondering if BEMI owners experience the same tracking on its two oscillators, if they modified the MO to be wider-range.
Citisyn
Both oscillators on my BEMI easel track roughly the same, though neither track perfectly over the full range of keyboard voltage.
Drillionaire
They track adequately over about 3-4 octaves. They seem to go in opposite directions after that (one sharp, the other flat). With some modification of Hi-Freq Linearity resistors/trimmers, it might be possible to get them to track more accurately in relation to each other.
Peake
Thank you both.
ritchiedrums
Guinness ftw!
Peake
The Buchla Complex Oscillator should track better than the Modulation Oscillator due to the MO being a stripped-down, low-frequency device. Ritchie, I'm betting raising the MO's frequency will reduce the overall mistracking in relation to the CO, making them more of a "pair".
Don T
Peake wrote:
The Buchla Complex Oscillator should track better than the Modulation Oscillator due to the MO being a stripped-down, low-frequency device. Ritchie, I'm betting raising the MO's frequency will reduce the overall mistracking in relation to the CO, making them more of a "pair".

Actually, the MO is a 258 oscillator expo converter and core, it is only missing the Sine shaper. You should be able to get it to track just like a 258!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1