MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What do Buchla people look like? (NSFW)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author What do Buchla people look like? (NSFW)
mirf59

One thing that mystifies me somewhat is how camera-shy Buchla users seem to be. Of all the Buchla users here at Muff Wiggler, I think I could probably only spot two of them in a line-up: Todd Barton and Adam Scramstad.

Why is everyone hiding from the camera in their performance videos? Is this some unspoken code? Jung-type confirmation that Buchla users are all intense introverts?

At the risk of being kicked off this forum permanently, see below for what I look like after a decent haircut.

....[/img]
Peake
I have a Moog ponytail.
papz
I'm not a cat.
bwhittington
You're right. Time to reveal myself in all my glory!

cool
Peake
lol
memes_33
dude your wiener is out.

here's the k-pop version of me:
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
This is what I always imagine Buchla people look like:

pre55ure
bwhittington wrote:
You're right. Time to reveal myself in all my glory!

cool

My eyes are immediately drawn to your module...

The one directly next to your right shoulder! bwhittington what is that?!
Cobramatic
Orwell
lisa
Peake
"Dirty, bearded men in a room."
sparks
I'm on my avatar Miley Cyrus
Fnord
I look like a guy in a horse mask with a big fucking hammer.

numan7
mirf59 wrote:

Why is everyone hiding from the camera in their performance videos? Is this some unspoken code?

i don't think people are "hiding" from anything.

rather, there is not any good reason to be facing the camera when you are performing on a modular synthesizer (and this applies equally well to all formats, btw, not just buchla).

i think the most interesting and useful things to see in a modular synthesis performance video are the patch itself and the manipulation of the module controls.

i certainly don't want to see the performer dancing around like a jackass (as i myself used to do, on occasion, but have since cut out for the most part).

cheers
Peake
Pretty sure this is the thread what broke Muff Wiggler for a week.
anselmi
Peake wrote:

lol lol lol
anselmi
I´m one of this...

mirf59
anselmi wrote:
Peake wrote:

lol lol lol

I should have known what kind of responses this was going to get. Oh, well. Live and learn. Bunch of pranksters here.

There is at least one gratuitous phallus in this thread.

Peake
The thread went from zero to phallus in 3 replies, that actually took rather a while all things considered.
sempervirent
Here's a friend and I during our trip to Paris last summer. She's the one holding the phone.

luchog
Me having a relaxing day in the studio.

Synthoholic
I'm never clicking on this thread again.
mirf59
Peake wrote:

Right. Let this be a lesson to all those phallus posters out there. You crashed the entire site for a week, and the entire modular synth community broke down. I think a UN resolution almost went up before the Security Council.

As to "why post a picture?" I'll answer that with another question. Why ever leave your bedroom?

Homo sapiens are social animals, no? Whatever happened to simply "putting a face to a name."

Gheezh. Anyway, I know when I'm outnumbered. I give up. There will be no more posts in line with basic humanity, basic social skills. I'm going full autism, consistent with the prevailing standard.

Brian

Peake
Respectfully, you're expecting a world of strangers to feel and act the same way as yourself then not giving them room to actually express themselves when requested. I'm highly introverted and have been in perhaps three photos in the last 7 years. Different people are going to act differently. I hope you have have peace and many good patches.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2