MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Ghostwriters, Charles Cohen, and equal temperament
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author The Ghostwriters, Charles Cohen, and equal temperament
mutierend
This weekend I discovered the music of The Ghostwriters while doing some research into the Krell patch. I'd never heard them before, and while I was familiar with Charles Cohen, I didn't know he had this side project.

I'm really interested in how they use "traditional" pads and leads with the Buchla Easel doing percussion, noise, harmony, and sometimes melodies. Cohen exclusively used an Easel with the 208 keyboard, so working in equal-tempered scales would have been relatively easy.

I'm looking into microtonality to achieve something inspired by The Ghostwriters. I have an Easel K, and I don't necessarily want to dial in the CV to be equal-tempered, so I'm looking for the notes between the notes. This has been somewhat challenging and tedious.

Do you have any suggestions on what I could read, listen to, and so such that I am able to gain some more insight into how I can approach this? Am I just being impatient?
kosh
I believe Charles used his big 200 for most of his work on Ghostwriters with Jeff Cain... in either case, with the easel you might scale the keyboard VC however you like. And with the Easel K, you can tune it key by key, right?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1