MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel envelope self mode problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Easel envelope self mode problem
Siren
My BEMI Easel has this weird problem with the self looping function, which means I can only switch it on once during a "session" from power-up. Once I switch it off, that's it, I can't switch it on again...nothing happens when I flick the switch.
The only way to get it working again is to switch power off and on again - then I can get it in self looping mode ONCE again, and so on ad nauseam.

Now, the silver lining here is that I can get it working at all, but it is annoying to say the least in the studio. Live it would be a huge obstacle.

Any easy fixes for this, where I can open it up and torture or replace some circuit? Please don't say I should send it back to BEMI...I live in Europe...
APETECHNOLOGY
i have a clone, try flipping the switch quickly up then down. you need to "jump" start it.
hope this helps!
Siren
APETECHNOLOGY wrote:
i have a clone, try flipping the switch quickly up then down. you need to "jump" start it.
hope this helps!

Ok thanks, although it feels like I've tried flicking it pretty frantically already... but I'll give it a go when I get to the studio.
Is this how all Easels work and I just wasn't aware? The self mode is easy to switch on the first time, so I don't get why I would need launch codes and a double set of keys the second time... seriously, i just don't get it
APETECHNOLOGY
on my clone, its more of a quick up down. not frantic.
i was frantic the first time it happened !
i hope this is all it is
ArguZ
Todd Barton is showing that in the Easel series, so i think its more feature than a bug.
I have it like this on all three easels. clones and BEMIs
cuttooth
Mine also responded this way...a bit frustrating, to be sure.
Siren
Ok, tried it and got it working!
Here's what I found; it seems to need a signal like one finger on the keyboard while flicking the switch three times in a row and then it kicks in. Although....sometimes it kicks in straight away. I'm confused but happy it works. The one finger on the keyboard seems to be, eh...key. Thanks so much for the help! w00t
darmklacht@gmail.com
are we talking about the envelope? not the pulser... the clone doesn't have the self mode for the envelope right? at least not without mod.

the envelope will only start looping if you put it in loop mode when the envelope is active.... have longer settings for attack and decay than trigger the envelope however you see fit and while the envelope is still going flip the switch to self. If that doesn't work I think you need to have it looked after.
Siren
darmklacht@gmail.com wrote:
are we talking about the envelope? not the pulser... the clone doesn't have the self mode for the envelope right? at least not without mod.

the envelope will only start looping if you put it in loop mode when the envelope is active.... have longer settings for attack and decay than trigger the envelope however you see fit and while the envelope is still going flip the switch to self. If that doesn't work I think you need to have it looked after.

Yes, you're absolutely right, the envelope must be set for longer values and be lit and ongoing when you switch it to self looping. Now it works every time, phew! The reason I got so intermittent results earlier was because I had too short an envelope while flicking it on. Mystery solved, and my Easel is completely healthy. Thanks!
Tropic Al
Siren wrote:
darmklacht@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, you're absolutely right, the envelope must be set for longer values and be lit and ongoing when you switch it to self looping. Now it works every time, phew! The reason I got so intermittent results earlier was because I had too short an envelope while flicking it on. Mystery solved, and my Easel is completely healthy. Thanks!

That's good to know, cheers!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1