MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

HAPPY FRIDAY! COTK C1660, C964 and C911A Delivered! :-)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author HAPPY FRIDAY! COTK C1660, C964 and C911A Delivered! :-)
JohnLRice
Too much to do so just a quick snap shot for now:

For the record:

Dates I Requested To Purchase These Modules:
C1660 - September 6th 2009
C964 - February 20th 2010
C911A - April 9, 2010

Date I Was Invoiced For All Three:
June 6th 2010

Date I Paid For All Three:
June 6th 2010

Date All Three Were Shipped:
June 28th 2010

Date All Three Were Delivered:
July 9th 2010

w00t
dude
that knob is going to make THE BEST FUCKING SOUND EVER!

no really that shit looks great. have fun john! your rig keeps getting awesomer and awesomer. i love that you have the balls to order from cotk and then we get to see these pics! you take the best pics of anybody up here on a regular basis.
sorry if this message is insane. it is really hot here and i a losing it!

help
analogsteve
Wow. I hope they sound as good as they look. Gorgeous.
Bryan B
Speechless! Those are beautiful.
phaedra
Have fun, John!
Wonderful modules. thumbs up
phaedra
Here I have another example using the CotK C 1660 Phase Processor during a simple Play-Direct-To-Tape (Cubase!) situation. Is is neither mixed nor mastered, just improvised.
happy
headbang Very nice example.

Awesome module!
JohnLRice
happy wrote:
headbang Very nice example.

Awesome module!

Welcome, Happy! w00t
JohnLRice
phaedra wrote:
Here I have another example using the CotK C 1660 Phase Processor during a simple Play-Direct-To-Tape (Cubase!) situation. Is is neither mixed nor mastered, just improvised.

Wow! Awesome track, phaedra! screaming goo yo
happy
JohnLRice wrote
Quote:
Welcome, Happy! w00t

Thanks John!

I read along here since years.
It's very interesting for me to hear about international 5U-users and their modules.
In Germany we have only the nice sequencer.de-Forum.

And I like particularly to here about CotK-stuff, cause I have some and like it and want to get more and more.

Sorry for my poor english, but I have had in school only a few years of learning your language (but many years of latin d'oh! )
JohnLRice
OK, here is a very quick taste of an initial experiment. Nothing killer like phaedra's examples though! we're not worthy

The two racks all of my sequencer stuff is in currently have no power supplies cry (some lazy bones needs to build them The MSN Smack! ) but I did manage to get my COTK C1670 repaired w00t (just had to replace the BBD chips, thanks for the help Kazike! thumbs up ) and the same rack has my new C1660 phase processor in it so I came up with this little test patch that sounds like a ripoff of some progressive band but I can't quite place it! hmmm..... Ninja

Recorded to my trusty Marantz PDM661 flash recorder was a M-Audio 88ES keyboard controlling a MOTM-650 Midi to CV converter which supplied CV to 4 x MOTM-300 VCOs with narrow pulse waves (slightly modulated) mixed and sent to the C1670 Ensemble Generator. The output goes to the C1660 Phase Processor and the output of that goes to the input of the Mos-Lab 970 (mainly it's just giving the rythm and slight thickening) and the output of that is going to the C1680 delay. An effects loop insert of the final mixer adds some Roland RSP-550 reverb. I did a little EQ and other procesing in Wavelab.

I found it really interesting that this is just a live real-time patch and performance but when I was playing in the higher registers, it sounds like an ARP string ensemble to me but the lower notes sound more like Mellotron flutes sort of. I likes it! hyper
phaedra
Very nice, John, it sounds expensive.
The feeling of the sound you get out of the C 1670 ist very independant from the sound which goes into this processor. You may get the experience that some string ensembles, Mellotron or Polymoog sounds appear feeding the different input sounds.
Both modules are easy to handle and both modules can give big surprises to the user.
Much fun with your new functions.
happy
JohnLRice wrote:
OK, here is a very quick taste of an initial experiment. Nothing killer like phaedra's examples though! we're not worthy

The two racks all of my sequencer stuff is in currently have no power supplies cry (some lazy bones needs to build them The MSN Smack! ) but I did manage to get my COTK C1670 repaired w00t (just had to replace the BBD chips, thanks for the help Kazike! thumbs up ) and the same rack has my new C1660 phase processor in it so I came up with this little test patch that sounds like a ripoff of some progressive band but I can't quite place it! hmmm..... Ninja

Recorded to my trusty Marantz PDM661 flash recorder was a M-Audio 88ES keyboard controlling a MOTM-650 Midi to CV converter which supplied CV to 4 x MOTM-300 VCOs with narrow pulse waves (slightly modulated) mixed and sent to the C1670 Ensemble Generator. The output goes to the C1660 Phase Processor and the output of that goes to the input of the Mos-Lab 970 (mainly it's just giving the rythm and slight thickening) and the output of that is going to the C1680 delay. An effects loop insert of the final mixer adds some Roland RSP-550 reverb. I did a little EQ and other procesing in Wavelab.

I found it really interesting that this is just a live real-time patch and performance but when I was playing in the higher registers, it sounds like an ARP string ensemble to me but the lower notes sound more like Mellotron flutes sort of. I likes it! hyper

A very nice example too. It demonstrates together with phaedras soundexample the options of this module. I hope there is more to come. 8_)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1