MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Where are the frac VCO's ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Where are the frac VCO's ?
cram1960
Are we left with only Blacet and Paia?
Cat-A-Tonic
+ Bug BugBrand! Brand if you're bananas nanners
I'm minijack Dead Banana

...or other modules that can be used as oscillators (filters, envelopes)
some of which seem to be designed with oscillation in mind:
STG Mankato, MetalBox BiNTic.

& then there's DIY of course.

The Blacet KlangWerk can be easily modded to add an output for the carrier VCO (post VC wave-shaper). 8_)
Cybananna
that's all that I can think of too.
panda30y
bugbrand has 2 if you don't mind banana jacks.
metalbox has the bi-n-tic filter which has an oscillator, and since michael ford does do custom work, he might be willing to do the cgs vco
cyndustries will probably still make you a zerooscillator but you'll have to wait!
MOTM is offering the E340 and E350 in frac a month or two back.. still might be able to get them!
STG still has a mankato filter at Analogue Haven I believe for sale. It's a filter/vco.

and... that's all I can think of aside from DIY, which has many options!
rezzn8r
The Blacet VCO is almost all you need thumbs up
You're probably better off finding a Frac Zerocillator used than trying to get one new.
cram1960
Unfortunately, I have no ability to DIM (do-it-myself) nor do I go bananas.

I forgot about the Zeroscillator ($995 is the reason why).

@ressn8tr :
do you mean to imply that there isn't much difference between Oscillators? I'm new at this so I just assumed there was as much variance in sound as with filters...is that wrong?

@ all:

I'm new to modular synthesis so I really don't know a lot of things...
How do you use a filter or an envelope as an oscillator?

Thanks!

Craig

BTW: I just ordered my 3rd Blacet VCO earlier this week...I just wanted to see what else might be available that I didn't find myself.
parasitk
cram1960 wrote:

I forgot about the Zeroscillator ($995 is the reason why).

@ressn8tr :
do you mean to imply that there isn't much difference between Oscillators? I'm new at this so I just assumed there was as much variance in sound as with filters...is that wrong?

@ all:
I'm new to modular synthesis so I really don't know a lot of things...
How do you use a filter or an envelope as an oscillator?

Any filter that self oscillates with the resonance cranked can be used as a sine oscillator, more or less. Some won't track 1v/oct (well), some will.

The Blacet VCO is a great all-round VCO. The ZO is pretty bad ass too, but yeah, $1k.

Oscillators certainly sound different, and there aren't many options in Frac land, but you certainly can't go wrong with the Blacet!
Babaluma
i'd like something apart from the blacet, in the same size, with mini jacks, just to hear if there is really a great difference in vcos, but having said that, i am very happy with my 3 blacet ones!

some demos here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18371
tuj
I got one of these, it sounds pretty good so far.

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2009/08/analog-synth-dual-vco-frac-rac k-module.html
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1