MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Blacet Hex Zone Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet Hex Zone Question
Muff Wiggler
haven't picked one up yet and still sort of wrapping my head around it...

..i'm pretty sure the answer is 'yes', but I want to make sure....

can I use it as a sequential switch, where I input N number of different input signals and it switches between them at the output, by external clock?

and can i control the number of stages? ie. make it act as a 3-stage seq switch, a 6 stage seq switch, an 8 stage switch etc?

thanks
johnnymad
it's great as a sequential switch. it has 16 switches that can be summed to one output. each switch can be programmed to play on any step, but only one note can play on each step. does that make sense? i don't think i'm explaining it very well. very frustrating
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
haven't picked one up yet and still sort of wrapping my head around it...

..i'm pretty sure the answer is 'yes', but I want to make sure....

can I use it as a sequential switch, where I input N number of different input signals and it switches between them at the output, by external clock?

and can i control the number of stages? ie. make it act as a 3-stage seq switch, a 6 stage seq switch, an 8 stage switch etc?

thanks

yes to all your questions.
nathankirchner
Kwote wrote:

yes to all your questions.

And a whole lot more - the HexZone is not a sequential switch, you can sequence the switches in any order you wish.

For instance you could set it up to switch between switch 1-->2-->3-->4 or 1-->4-->2-->3, etc.

And probably more up your ally Muff; you can connect the outputs from some VCOs (all connected to a common CV) to the the 16 switches and then switch between them in what ever order at a very high clock speed.

WTF you ask? The result is your very own complex waveform! You can get some unique stuff going like that.

or another option is to do as above, but then use the clock in to switch between inputs --> Wavetable!
Muff Wiggler
excellent!! very good news thanks everyone

i was originally thinking in terms of sequencing outputs from my wogglebug, a la paul's wogno track...but yes scanning a pile of VCOs all in tune with each other is a great idea

i guess i'll be picking one up soon 8)
tragedybysyntax
I cant decide if i want to snatch the hexzone to play with my metalbox sequential switch or the mfb seq-01. Both are REALLy REALLY tempting. I think either of those and a pulse divider and you are in some serious sequencing business!!! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1