MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bernard Parmegiani studio pics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Bernard Parmegiani studio pics
catchpenny
thought some of you might enjoy these:

(via @frozenreeds twitter)
solaris
thank you
Annwn
That's beautiful stuff from a true sonic wizard. I thought the Escher print was pretty appropriate too.
Reese P. Dubin
The 808 is the biggest surprise for me.
Also never actually seen Kobols in a non for sale photo before.
Navs
Thanks!

Yes, the 808 made me guffaw smile
msmithsp
makes me really nostalgic for that style of sound level meters
vingtdieux
thumbs up
the bad producer
Ah great - saw these on the cover of a recent LP but the pic was too small to see what was what... I'm actually thinking of rebuilding my own studio and notice it's almost exactly the same size & layout / proportions as this - food for thought!
sabasan
thumbs up
Navs
You got me Googling ... interesting to see some of the changes over time ...

From here: http://www.conceptoradio.net/2013/06/10/bernard-parmegiani-reedita-de- natura-sonorum/parmegiani/

And from here: http://lalucarnedesreves.com/bernard-parmegiani-mime/
synthfanatic
Thanks for the photos! I'm a huge fan of Bernard Parmigiani's work, and a lot of information on him (as well as his equipment & techniques) is obscure.

I also found it very interesting that Parmigiani used a Roland TR-808. Does anyone know which albums or recordings it's featured in?
johnbaptistephilouza
synthfanatic wrote:
I also found it very interesting that Parmigiani used a Roland TR-808. Does anyone know which albums or recordings it's featured in?

he used it on the Rock soundtrack
diophantine
Wonderful! Thanks for these pics - always wondered what his set-up looked like, and it looks much different than I would have imagined! Never would have expected the 808 or the Kobols. One of the greats of musique concrete - certainly my favourite of the INA-GRM composers!
amnesia
Navs wrote:
Thanks!

Yes, the 808 made me guffaw smile

You can hear the 808 on his Rock album that was just released. Its more a kind of Jingles album than his music concrete.
Buckage
Great photos. Thanks for posting. Was listening to him this weekend trying to get my daughter to accept it as good background music for paper doll play. Didn't go well.
toothless_wonder
Totally miss the man , met him a couple of times , such a sweet heart
One of my favs for sure !!!!!
kragg
Thanks for sharing.
I never thought i'd see a tr808 in Parmegiani's studio

[edit]
The soundtrack is amazing !
https://transversales.bandcamp.com/album/rock
papz
I serviced this Synthi cool
SYNTHEMESCandDRENCROM
Very interesting! Thanks...
sanders
anybody recognize the little 8 channel mix console w meter bridge in the earlier photos? I'm just curious what sort of console he was using...

wackelpeter
Received the LP where those pictures appear too yesterday. Haven'T listened until now, but surely will be great as almost he has done.

So far i recognized i have the same Tape Deck and Oscilloscope here...
But that's all...

Anybody knows what this 4 patch matrixes sitting next to the AKS are?
Looks like they are the same matrixes as used in EMS synths. Something DIY or EMS manufactured?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1