MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new 200e analog oscillator?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author new 200e analog oscillator?
anselmi
from joshua holley´s facebook

seriously, i just don't get it
tIB
258e, not by bemi is my (educated) guess...
mirf59
tIB wrote:
258e, not by bemi is my (educated) guess...

Third party. The name of the unit is shown at top. You might want to contact wiggler dougcl for additional information.
mudlogger
anselmi
so this is the so long awaited 258e from dougcl! great!
cyberdine
Is this actually available yet? Really does look good.
amnesia
I wonder how close it sounds to the Verbos 258V?
missingtwin
Contact Doug here:
www.studiohsoftware.com

I know he recently made several of them, not sure how many
are spoken for...

It is much more than a 258v with presets.
The sync options, along with internal mod routings
are greatness.

Overall, the best all around e oscillator by a long stretch. I want
another one!
mirf59

Does it have the same analog fullness and paint-peeling force as a 258[x]?

amnesia
mirf59 wrote:

Exactly what I would like to know/ hear.
dkcg
A couple threads exist already with examples.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185124

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185318
mirf59
amnesia wrote:
mirf59 wrote:

Exactly what I would like to know/ hear.

Looks like I'm going to find out soon. Just paid the invoice on one. Can't wait to explore first hand. Such a beautiful contribution to the format. Major props to dougcl

Minimoog56
Arrived. A very unusual and totally flexible version of the 258 with every modulation combination you can think of.

Took a quick email exchange with Doug to figure out how to engage Midi pitch tracking. You need to "calibrate" each half of the module by a long press and hold of each sync button one half at a time. Also the module must be in "Midi Note On" position to track.

This osc has super extended low-low Lfo, a tight prime audible range, and ultrasonic upper reaches. Your dog will love/hate this osc.
mritenburg
I just received mine. I have it mounted next to my 258v and 258b for comparison. By the way, it came with an 18" (yellow) black market tini cable which is quite nice.

This module is very true to the 258. The FM is deep like a 258b. It has that same rubbery/chewy sound of the 258b. A total home run.

mirf59

The Three Musketeers are on board the boat.

Sound is beautiful.

anselmi
mritenburg wrote:
This module is very true to the 258. The FM is deep like a 258b. It has that same rubbery/chewy sound of the 258b

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
mirf59

This oscillator makes a very beautiful sound when you zap a sine wave with sine wave FM, mod oscillator set to higher frequencies, mod index high. Really, it's such a beautiful sound, it is begging to be inserted somewhere in everything. Heaven's gong, or something.

Vatican2
I'm getting mine this week!
cyberdine
I'm so impressed with mine, it makes such delicious warm sounds.
missingtwin
I was playing around using the DPO for a track and ended up with a random sampling of sounds. Nuthin’ fancy, just the DPO 281e 292e and MIDI

http://soundcloud.com/missingtwin/dpo-258e-sounds
mritenburg
missingtwin wrote:
I was playing around using the DPO for a track and ended up with a random sampling of sounds. Nuthin’ fancy, just the DPO 281e 292e and MIDI

http://soundcloud.com/missingtwin/dpo-258e-sounds

Nice sounds! The DPO's response to MIDI has been one it's best surprises for me.
mirf59

Upon receipt of one of these bad boys, it took less than 48 hours for me to resolve my "best two out of three" dilemma between 261e, 259e, and DPO. DPO brings analog warmth, clarity, and oomph to "e."

missingtwin
But don’t sell your 259e mirf!!!
I saw it in the sale part of the forum.
The 259e/DPO combo is the dream team for e oscillators

Modulating the audio fm in of the DPO with the men skew of the 259e
is screaming goo yo
It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
mirf59

Alright, Bradley. I have to put the module back in, try that. Doug mentioned it. Thanks for the tip.

mirf59

Holy shit, batman. I plugged in a 259e mem/skew with slow modulation of warp and morph into the DPO's FM in. Amazing results.

Cheese and rice!

This takes an already exponential range of possibilities and makes it like exponent to the power of the exponent.

**head explodes**

Follow-up: I just tried it also with the principal side of 261e. Fantastic.

Second follow-up: It seems like oscillator B (square) works better than oscillator A (saw) for this.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1