MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

disting MK3 problem: malfunctioning
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author disting MK3 problem: malfunctioning
windchill
My Disting MK3 has suddenly stopped working correctly. It was working fine but now any audio output from output B is distorted and mostly buried under a high-pitched digital noise. Metering on my mixer indicates a constant signal. Ouput A however is absolutely fine. This is happening with all effects, reverb etc, and with the panner/crossfader.

It does this in two different cases and in different locations within the case so I don't think power supply is an issue. I've obviously swapped cables and mixer channels to verify that it is Ouput B at fault.

I have updated the firmware to 3.10 (it was running firmware 3.7) and the update seemed to work correctly with no errors displayed, but the problem remains. I have done this update twice for good measure.

A visual examination of the module reveals nothing obviously wrong.

Any ideas?
windchill
Things have been getting worse. For a while the X and Y inputs stopped working altogether - both for audio and for control signals. They still lit up to indicate the input but did not pass on the audio or control.

Then they started working again and for a moment the audio output (of the stereo reverb) came back, clean in A but loud and distorted in B, then while I was listening both outputs fell apart again and became thin and distorted. I guess the unit is faulty.
ThenCameNow
Bump.

I have this problem as well.
windchill
ThenCameNow wrote:
Bump.

I have this problem as well.

That's interesting. I've emailed Expert Sleepers and given them more details but I think they are in mid relocation so I've not had an answer yet.
maltemark
Possibly I have the same problem ... At least noise garbage coming from some of the newer algos. Did anything come to light?
windchill
maltemark wrote:
Possibly I have the same problem ... At least noise garbage coming from some of the newer algos. Did anything come to light?

Mine went back for repair and has been fine since.
My issues were not particularly algorithm specific though.
Shledge
When did you get yours? I've seen other people, including myself, needing their mk3s repaired for similar reasons. Might have been a bad batch.
windchill
Shledge wrote:
When did you get yours? I've seen other people, including myself, needing their mk3s repaired for similar reasons. Might have been a bad batch.

I got mine in January 2017.
Shledge
Roughly around when I got mine. hmmm.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1