MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Some arcane HexZone questions...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Some arcane HexZone questions...
diophantine
I know there's a few threads about the HexZone, but I'm on the fence about buying one and have a few very specific questions that aren't covered in the manual (or if they are, I missed them!).

- Is there any way to randomize the sequence (as opposed to just the switches)?

- When setting the switch to 'rand', does it always choose a switch in the range 1 to 16, or can you limit it to a smaller range somehow? (Perhaps it looks at the Loop position?)

- When the sequencer is stopped & you're setting CV values for a step, does it output those CV values on the CV outputs?

- I notice that the gate widths are set as percentages. When using an irregular (or random) external clock, how do those behave?

Thanks in advance!
fracmonkey
diophantine wrote:
I know there's a few threads about the HexZone, but I'm on the fence about buying one and have a few very specific questions that aren't covered in the manual (or if they are, I missed them!).

- Is there any way to randomize the sequence (as opposed to just the switches)?
---No.
- When setting the switch to 'rand', does it always choose a switch in the range 1 to 16, or can you limit it to a smaller range somehow? (Perhaps it looks at the Loop position?)
---No. Each step can be set to random or a step 1-16. For example, a 6 step sequence will choose any switch 1-16 for any step 1-6 set to random.
- When the sequencer is stopped & you're setting CV values for a step, does it output those CV values on the CV outputs?
--Yes.

Hope that helps!

- I notice that the gate widths are set as percentages. When using an irregular (or random) external clock, how do those behave?

Thanks in advance!
diophantine
Thanks! That really helps.

Given the bidirectional nature of the switch, I imagine/hope it would be safe to mult some of the 16 switches?

I'm thinking of this in random mode. Mult switches 1&9, 2&10, etc. I know going 8:1 would be fine. Hopefully going 1:8 would be fine as well? If switch 1 were active and we jumped to switch 8, I imagine that there's the potential that switch 8 might be trying to transmit & receive the same signal at the same (extremely brief) moment.
fracmonkey
I can imagine that.

They are similar to a mechanical switch with some voltage and current restrictions. There are 1K resistors in line to prevent some potential overloads.

I assume you are aware that nothing is internally connected and that you have to input something either up on the "Switch" jack or on the 1-16 jacks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1