MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

minimal bleeps n bloops - or?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author minimal bleeps n bloops - or?
gis_sweden
So maybe I’m working myself closer and closer to ”noise music”? Abstract, atonal, chaotic, random. Why? I don’t want my little modular to sound like an ordinary instrument. I could have saved a lot of money buying a multitimbral synth. I don’t do multi tracking. Don’t use MIDI. I use analog modules. Analog delay and reverb. I record on tape or to my computers mic in (not a very good solution but… One day I get a nice digital recorder). A track is a patch. During recording I usually don’t wiggle any knobs. Maybe I fade in or out sounds with the mixer. Don’t know if “noise music” is the correct term? Is it “noise” just because I don’t use a quantizer? I don’t know. It’s music. It's bleeps and bloops! That's what it is, an I like it.

Now I want you to tell me, please. Does this track belong in the noise section? Probably I just want help to describe what I’m doing. For now let's call it "minimal bleeps and bloops".

pstanig
gis_sweden wrote:

Now I want you to tell me, please. Does this track belong in the noise section? Probably I just want help to describe what I’m doing. For now let's call it "minimal bleeps and bloops".

Well, it's abstract and atonal, sure, but I doubt many would label it "noise" (even tho, clearly, these are very contested definitions). Below a good example of noise proper

skryex
I wouldn't call it noise either. I would to your list of adjectives loud, distorted, and dense.

Nice noise track btw pstanig
Euro Trash Bazooka
I'd say that "noise" needs harsher and more dense sounds than this to qualify as such. For me your track sounds closer to something like ambient. It's abstract indeed, but it lacks the "physicality" that makes some music fall into the "noise" category, in my humble opinion.

Then again, categories are annoying, and you made nice experimental music.
RUMPLEDFORESKIN
As a long time noise, death industrial, and PE fan and maker, I don't give a fuck what you call your music, because it sounds amazing. Make more bloopy bleepy tracks, please!!!
pstanig
RUMPLEDFORESKIN wrote:
As a long time noise, death industrial, and PE fan and maker, I don't give a fuck what you call your music, because it sounds amazing. Make more bloopy bleepy tracks, please!!!

Just be clear, same here (PE practitioner and listener for 25 years), I do like that track. Not noise but who cares. Reminded me loosely of Bayle, which is my fave in French acousmatic and always unachievably good in terms of sound quality too
gis_sweden
Thanks for the feedback. Interesting.
I don’t like that screaming harsh noise music. I don’t (not yet…) Goverment Alpha. Nope, I don’t like it. But Bayle. Yes, I really have to check him up.
Always interesting to define a genre. Key words seem to be “harsh” and “dense”.
So, when I make tracks like this I just call it “abstract bleeps and bloops”.
I suspect there is a difference between people how define themselves as “noise artists” on one hand and “acousmatic artists” on the other. Prejudices?
PE??? What?!
pstanig
gis_sweden wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Interesting.
“noise artists” on one hand and “acousmatic artists” on the other. Prejudices?

All the sufficiently smart noisemakers I know also enjoy acousmatics; not sure whether acousmatics artists respect noise that much, some for sure do.

gis_sweden wrote:
PE??? What?!

PE= power electronics: stuff like this
gis_sweden
PE! Now i know. Thx thumbs up I'm learning a lot. Thru one thread, one question.
It's like glimpse the door to a new world. Hesitating in the door way.
Maybe I slowly and quiet close the door again.

Made this yesterday (short clip). But monotonous techno is far from noise
or PE. Abstract electronic bleeps and bloops, maybe techno and sound fx.
That's my little world right now.
I might come back, at least for listening This is fun!
sparood
Nice one, I like the cheerful vibe!
gis_sweden
sparood wrote:
Nice one, I like the cheerful vibe!

hihi Thx sparood
mt3
Genocide Organ is greatest.
dan_k
mt3 wrote:
Genocide Organ is greatest.

I've always been partial to this track off of the mid 90's comp Exploration One.

sutekina bipu-on
Genocide organ is so much more than screaming over feedback woah they are really one of my favorite bands ever and i will go through periods of listening to them for a few weeks at a time Dead Banana much like my italo disco phases
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1