MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SVCO and VCLFO tempco , a lesson learnt and question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author SVCO and VCLFO tempco , a lesson learnt and question
Pav
How a well known uk parts provider thought putting 6 14pin PIC chips in an antistatic bag clearly labelled for 7 8pin LT1013CP might cheer me up I dont know angry ..but thats another story.
[EDIT - called them and they resent the correct parts next day = excellent service -Pav]

This is my cock-up but it may help others ...

I built the VC-LFO before i was able to complete the SVCO-B...waiting for sock6..which just arrived nanners

I had ordered the correct number and type of tempco resistors to complete the build. applause

The KRL 1K 3500ppm black ones used by the VCOs and the smaller "Akaneohm" 1k 1% 3000ppm/K used by VRG et al.

The VC-LFO picture in the webpage, user and build guides of VC-LFO clearly shows a KRL 3500 black one...so i used my last one.
It works fine. we're not worthy

When it came to the SVCO finishing.. I had only the smaller 3000 tempco left...and its leads do not fit over the IC plus socket. very frustrating

When i re-read the parts listed in the bg for VC-LFO I can now see it says 3000 and the position of the holes now makes sense. d'oh!

But the photos threw me. seriously, i just don't get it Thats the lesson...its easy to get seduced by the photos but they are not what we old computer folk call the "system of truth" ..its the parts list in the build guide.

My question now is will a 2K 3500ppm work - I only have a 2K KRL in my parts box.? Worth asking? help
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
But the photos threw me.

In fairness the description under the close up photograph in the Builder's Guide notes that you can use either the +3500ppm or the smaller +3000ppm device. The +3000ppm devices being recommended because they are cheaper and are adequate for VC-LFO duties. The +3500ppm will give more stability and could be useful when using the VC-LFO as an audio oscillator.

Quote:
My question now is will a 2K 3500ppm work - I only have a 2K KRL in my parts box.?

2K should work if you make R34 a 75K resistor.

Tony
Pav
Re : In fairness the description under the close up ...

My fault entirely. No offense intended. Thanks for the 75k resistor tip.
Listing the KRL as an option on the pricing would tie the picture in .. just a thought.
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
Listing the KRL as an option on the pricing would tie the picture in .. just a thought.

I had that when the board first came out and what happened was people wanted to buy both. Dead Banana

I'll try again though. I'm always happy to sell people stuff. hihi

Tony
Pav
Ill stop suggesting stuff, you have been doing this longer than me hyper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1