MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2hp - Arp
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author 2hp - Arp
Mikeyg3k
Didn't see anything about this module here yet - I picked one up over the weekend. Any thoughts? I am looking for some cool patch examples or tips.... seems like a lot of fun from what I've seen so far.

https://instagram.com/p/BawhY4jFT-_/

https://instagram.com/p/Ba9WD0clgWm/
Paranormal Patroler
Hey Mikeyg3k, can I ask you a question since I have one on the way but I'm super curious until I get it? When you send CV to the Root input does the output change immediately even though there is no trigger to fire the arpeggiation? What I mean is, since the Arp acts acts as an offset value of the Root input, if I have the arpeggiation statically on the 5th note, will it always play a 5th of the CV input all the time?

I want the Output of the module to be able to follow my Root CV changes immediately (without requiring a gate to be fired) and then jump to arp notes whenever a gate is received, and I imagine that is the case, but none of the videos showcase the Root input usage, so I have to ask. I appreciate any input you can give on that matter. Let me know if I haven't made my question clear enough.
Mikeyg3k
Hey! Great questions - I'm actually still on my quest trying to figure it all out. I racked it last night and studied the manual and then worked on another patch i had still going so I didn't really spend too much time with it. LOL.

Here is the link to the manual http://www.twohp.com/s/2hp_Arp.pdf

and the Page on 2hp's site. http://www.twohp.com/modules/arp

I will have a go at it this weekend and see if I can answer Your question.
Paranormal Patroler
Thank you for your answer. I've already read both the manual, the page, and watched all 2hp videos on instagram. They don't answer my question! Looking forward to getting an answer when you can, of course. Thanks!
sine language
Curious...any updates?
Paranormal Patroler
The way it works is as I expected. See my description above. Merry Xmas!
SeattleDucati
Anyone have this? I'm trying to understand how it works as well.

If feed it a C note and a gate, what happens?
cliffemu
I have two of these and I think they’re great. The root controls the root note and the trig causes the offsets from the root to cycle according to the chord type and direction mode selected. The output is root note plus offset.
twohp

Greg White covers the Arp in this video!
Paranormal Patroler
SeattleDucati wrote:
Anyone have this? I'm trying to understand how it works as well.

If I feed a C note to the root cv, and a gate signal to the trigger, what happens? If the mode is set to major, does it play the individual notes in a C major chord? Are additional gate signals required to trigger the notes?

Hey SeattleDucati. When you send a pulse to the Gate input the CV of the output will cycle through the notes in the currently selected chord.

If you send a C note at the root CV, and the current chord is Major triad, the CV output will be C E G (depending on the mode of course) and then C again.
SeattleDucati
Just got this installed tonight. Will give it a run through tomorrow night. A bit scary installing the module. The pcb board hangs off the back a long way, and it's only held on with thin wires. Seems pretty delicate.
shoottofill
SeattleDucati wrote:
Just got this installed tonight. Will give it a run through tomorrow night. A bit scary installing the module. The pcb board hangs off the back a long way, and it's only held on with thin wires. Seems pretty delicate.

thats the thing with the 2hp modules, to save space they seem a little fragile and the power cable is in an awkward place. But i have a few and once i squeezed them in I've never had a problem.
I do think the Arp is one of their better designs. I just let it run and don't have to wiggle the knobs much (but you may feel the need to)
Gyroscope
twohp wrote:

Greg White covers the Arp in this video!

Man that guy is great at explaining the functionality of modules. I could listen to him all day (and probably will hihi ). Just serious presentations, no goofy faces while he's looking at the modules on the thumbnails in Youtube. Hats off!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1