MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rogan Alpha Knobs for Buchla available
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Rogan Alpha Knobs for Buchla available
captnapalm
Hello Buchlaists,

I recently convinced Rogan to produce the Alpha series knobs, and I just received my stock order. It was a long process as they had to re-make old lost tooling! Details here:

http://analogknobs.com/

synthi
Yes!!!! eek! Dead Banana
Ordered some knobs!!!
MechaSeb
thumbs up thumbs up
emememe
BOOM! fap fap fap...
papz
Thank you Luther, these knobs will sound more vintage ! lol
E-mail sent.
askthedust
Such an awesome project, thanks so much Luther!
Does anyone know if there was some kind of rule about the use of these knobs back in the day? I remember seeing some used on 248 Marf, Easel, 227...but not sure I've ever seen those on 296, 292c, 281 or 259...but maybe it's just me?
Knarzwaltz
askthedust wrote:
Such an awesome project, thanks so much Luther!
Does anyone know if there was some kind of rule about the use of these knobs back in the day? I remember seeing some used on 248 Marf, Easel, 227...but not sure I've ever seen those on 296, 292c, 291 or 259...but maybe it's just me?

Ive seen them on 259 and 296.... but not on any later 292.

Minimoog56
Just sent my order - Thank you for doing this!
ghostcode
I'm really happy to see someone make this happen. My order is in!

Thanks captnapalm!
tobb
thumbs up we're not worthy thumbs up we're not worthy thumbs up we're not worthy thumbs up we're not worthy thumbs up we're not worthy thumbs up we're not worthy
sempervirent
Interesting back story about the tooling. When I ordered the other variety of "Buchla" knobs from them months ago, they knew exactly which ones I was asking about because BEMI and others have been ordering them. But it's cool that you brought these back.

For posterity's sake, would you mind posting the part numbers? 10 years from now somebody might want to order another batch.
captnapalm
sempervirent wrote:
Interesting back story about the tooling. When I ordered the other variety of "Buchla" knobs from them months ago, they knew exactly which ones I was asking about because BEMI and others have been ordering them. But it's cool that you brought these back.

For posterity's sake, would you mind posting the part numbers? 10 years from now somebody might want to order another batch.

Sure:
AR-0-ML (small unskirted)
AR-0-SK-7-M (small skirted)
AR-1-SK-7-M (medium skirted)

I don't mind if others have them made; I just hope I have a chance to sell through most of these first! It was a lot of money...
sempervirent
Hey, thanks. I have no plans to order any myself, I just though it was cool that you did this and wanted to be a completist re: Buchla lore.

With the high MOQs it's definitely a challenge to get these (and other) knobs from Rogan so people should grab these now if they want them...
seraphon
Ordered! Guinness ftw!
boops
Thanks Luther ...up.
momo
Cat Allan you deserve some kind of medal of honour for the endeavour! Thanks!! we're not worthy
Fuzz
Do you plan on making a set for BEMI Easels at some point?
captnapalm
Fuzz wrote:
Do you plan on making a set for BEMI Easels at some point?

I hadn't originally planned on it, since others are supplying the RB67 Rogans already, but I've had a few people ask me so I'm open to it.

I'm not that familiar with the BEMI though so I'd need some help in figuring out what people would want. I know I've had at least one person order one of my vintage Easel kits and just add 2 more medium red skirted knobs for the extra pots on the 218; I'm not sure if that's the ideal setup for most?
synthi
The medium skirted knobs don´t fit in the Bemi 218, they are too large. I`ll be using small blue ones for mine since there isn´t small skirted reds... waah
captnapalm
synthi wrote:
The medium skirted knobs don´t fit in the Bemi 218, they are too large. I`ll be using small blue ones for mine since there isn´t small skirted reds... waah

Do you mean because the medium cover up the markings?
The Alphas have a bit smaller diameter skirt than RB67 so perhaps they’d be better?
chorus7
Nice work captnapalm and thank you so much for doing this... I would be in for a BEMI Easel set if you decide to do it? (either way I can also just do the vintage Easel kit and add a couple of reds)

As far as markings being covered... Some of the pictures I have seen of vintage Easels the markings are also covered hmmm..... was that normal?
captnapalm
chorus7 wrote:

As far as markings being covered... Some of the pictures I have seen of vintage Easels the markings are also covered hmmm..... was that normal?

On the 208 the lines get partially covered but I think it's by design. There are no index markings on the original 218 (or 218r) though. See:
http://waste.org/~knobs/images/easel/IMG_1596.JPG

I just measured, and the Alpha isn't much smaller in diameter as I thought.
RB67 small skirted: ~23mm
Alpha small skirted: ~23mm
RB67 medium skirted: ~29.5mm
Alpha medium skirted: ~29mm
chorus7
captnapalm yeah that’s the picture I saw as well... I think the keys on the new BEMI are longer so the text might be covered by the knobs as well but at the end of the day I really don’t care cause I love the look of the old style knobs...

I’ll hit you up for an Easel set plus two reds by the end of the week... thanks again for getting these available again!...
Fuzz
synthi wrote:

Can you post a photo once you get them installed on your BEMI?

Thanks!
synthi
Fuzz wrote:
synthi wrote:

Can you post a photo once you get them installed on your BEMI?

Thanks!

Yes, I`ll post a photo later
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2