MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer PSU3 & Serge
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Doepfer PSU3 & Serge
lasesentaysiete
I am looking into getting a psu3 for my 3 panel system an am wondering if anyone has used it to power their Serge. A fair amount has been said about the problems the psu3 has caused in certain systems, but a lot of this seems related to digital modules. I have no digital modules.

I am also considering the 1,25A bipolar psu from Erica, but am not sure if its enough. If I had to guess, I'd say yes. I have an Edelweiss, a Sturm und Drang, and a third panel with 5 step sequencer programmer, ncom, wave multipler, dtg, vcfq, cgs81.
muncky
I used a PSU2 when they were available for three panels of Serge previously, and waiting for a restock from clicks and clocks:

http://clicksclocks.de/289
batchas
My paperface with 4 panels with "conventional/old" Serge modules runs on Doepfer PSU2 without any issue.

EDIT: 5 panels, not 4.
lasesentaysiete
thanks for confirming, guys thumbs up
muncky
Clicks and Clocks PSUs back in stock - mine shipped last night thumbs up
lasesentaysiete
muncky
My pricelist from Clicks & Clocks is an older one. Is the psu still 84€?
muncky
Alas, it’s gone up... 86 now screaming goo yo
lasesentaysiete
muncky wrote:
Alas, it’s gone up... 86 now screaming goo yo

I'm getting sick of this bogus price gouging bs razz
sdhains
little confused by this whole serge/doepfer PSU3 situation...

So one PSU3 can power 3 boats? seems like it has enough current rating for my use... I was told by someone that you would need a PSU per boat for the serge stuff. hmmm.....

If a PSU3 can power multiple boats - why is internal power supply for a serge case such a rarity? PSU3 seems like its small enough to fit inside some kind of medium sized enclosure right?... Feel like im missing something here.
the bad producer
sdhains wrote:

If a PSU3 can power multiple boats - why is internal power supply for a serge case such a rarity? PSU3 seems like its small enough to fit inside some kind of medium sized enclosure right?... Feel like im missing something here.

I think because there is no 'standard' case for Serge, just the boats (which are too small for a nice big PSU inside). Normal procedure is to have your boats racked or lying on the table or in a case with a PSU on it's own, or etc... Of course once one has a nice case it is easy to install a PSU inside it.
batchas
I am powering my all Paperface system (5 panels) with a Doepfer PSU2.
So it should be no problem to power 3 boats with a PSU3 I think, comparing the power ratings between the two.

EDIT:
I notice today I already commented when the thread was created. But I had a mistake in that post. These are 5 panels like stated here, not 4!
sdhains
awesome, thanks so much for the response!!! starting to see the bigger picture here hyper ..

once wired it difficult to wire up to the serge? is it as simple as a cable from the PSU to a psd in each boat?

thanks again forum! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1