MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ROT8
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Antumbra  
Author ROT8
antumbra
Discussion regarding the Antumbra ROT8 module.

http://antumbra.eu/modules/rot8

Videos about ROT8 in action:

synthetek
I am almost done building a Rot8 1.1 PCB and just noticed that C2 is not in the BOM or build doc. Anyone know what's supposed to go at C2?
Thanks
synthetek
I found the answer to this, C2 should be left unpopulated on the 1.1 PCB
Spastic_Colon
Just ordered my mouser BOM for V1.1. This will be my first ‘proper’ module build. Couldn’t be starting with a cooler looking module.
Zek
Just finished building one yesterday. I haven't tested it with sound yet, but everything seems to work fine as the switches and leds are working well together, regarding the manual. Firstable I would like to thank David for his listening and supporting.
It's an easy build, no small parts or tricky stuff, just pay attention to the orientation of IC'S, leds etc... It's not a beginner build, but if you have quite a few smd builts behind you it's ok.
I had trouble concerning the flashing, but it's not because of the module but because of my laptop. I use virtual box on mac and it took me 2 days to see that Windows wasn't seeing the programer. Anyway, after I fixed it it was easy.
On Antumbra's website there's an explanation with AVRDudess, which I couldn't use because of all that shit, so I used Atmelstudio. If you need some advice to use it feel free to pm me or you can follow this http://www.markfrancombe.com/wordpress/using-atmel-studio-to-program-c hips/
I will play with it now! It's a really good looking sequencer, the panel is nice, good quality, and it's really cheap to build!
pix
looking for cheaper programmers I found these two on amazon with good reviews. Any reason why they won't work?

https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-ATMEGA8-Programmer-USBasp-Cable/dp/B00A X4WQ00/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1527336975&sr=1-3&keywords =6pin+avr+isp&dpID=41fPd0qL2ML&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch#customerR eviews

https://www.amazon.com/JahyShow®-Programming-Programmer-Quadcopter-AT MEGA128/dp/B01H82F8FY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1527336975& sr=1-1&keywords=6pin+avr+isp&dpID=410Nxxsc%252BqL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&d pSrc=srch
Spastic_Colon
Hey guys, I appear to have successfully built my Rot8, but am struggling with the flashing (not something i've done before). I'm using a Twarm.com AVR ISP MkII, and trying to run it through AVRDUDESS. It doesn't seem to be picking up the MCU (which i'm guessing is the controller). Please help!
Spastic_Colon
I keep getting this message;

Timestamp: 2018-09-04 18:25:14.320
Severity: ERROR
ComponentId: 20100
StatusCode: 131103
ModuleName: TCF (TCF command: Device:erase failed.)

Failed to start programming session before chip erase:Failed to enter programming mode. Error received from tool:
Target not detected
Squash
Hi All,

I have built a ROT8 today and managed to get it flashed correctly.

However, all seems to work except the step buttons. They do not seem to respond at all on any menu page.

The only mistake that I know of was forgetting to solder the left side of U1 before powering up (oops) which I have since soldered. Turns out these pins corresponded to all of the outputs (Qa-Qh) as well as the chip's ground pin. Could this have damaged this shift register chip?

Any support would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Squash
Squash
Reflowed the Atmega Chip and the CD4021 and it works! Woo!

Also, I previously experienced a problem similar to autodafe in another thread;

Quote:
-the intro "animation" loads up very slow compared to what I have seen in videos
-all 8 leds just blink indedinitely and nothing happens...

For reference this was sorted by ensuring the Fuse codes were written during flashing (they have to be actively set and set to write in AVRDudess)

Loving the module now, thanks Antumbra!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Antumbra  
Page 1 of 1