MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Depeche Mode in the early 90s
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Depeche Mode in the early 90s
alternating.bit
Nice system there.

cornutt
Depeche Mode? Wow. I would not have thought that modular was the sort of thing that they would be into, especially not in the early '90s.
morphic
cornutt wrote:
Depeche Mode? Wow. I would not have thought that modular was the sort of thing that they would be into, especially not in the early '90s.


really why not they were using roland system100 and m in the early 80s
alternating.bit
cornutt wrote:
Depeche Mode? Wow. I would not have thought that modular was the sort of thing that they would be into, especially not in the early '90s.


Even Songs of Faith & Devotion had some underlying synth elements, but its not like that studio popped up over night, they could have owned it for a while... but your reaction surprises me as I figured you would've seen some of the infamous photos of Martin Gore with modular. Lots of studio videos out there too where you can see modules in the background. There was a photo I posted a while back that had a couple massive walls of MU in the background actually.







krisp14u
Martin Gore has A huge 5U system some of which Im very proud to have built

I almost didn't as I thought it was a friend winding me up at first d'oh!

Like Im going to get emails asking Me about synthesis from we're not worthy Mr Martin L Gore we're not worthy
Chrutil
alternating.bit wrote:




That is one funny piece of tape there hihi
Thalassa
krisp14u wrote:
Martin Gore has A huge 5U system some of which Im very proud to have built

I almost didn't as I thought it was a friend winding me up at first d'oh!

Like Im going to get emails asking Me about synthesis from we're not worthy Mr Martin L Gore we're not worthy


The same here. I was really excited / skeptical when I receive the the first order from him. At first I though that it was someone with the same name. I've been a big fan of DM mode from a long time and I couldn't believe that Martin Gore was ordering modules from me!!
cornutt
krisp14u wrote:
Martin Gore has A huge 5U system some of which Im very proud to have built



When was that? Early '90s is the bit that surprises me... I was under the impression that they were mostly sample manglers at that point.
Chrutil
Krisp1 and Corsynth: w00t we're not worthy
That is so awesome!!
Chrutil
alternating.bit wrote:
but your reaction surprises me as I figured you would've seen some of the infamous photos of Martin Gore with modular.

It actually surprised me too a bit.
Not the least surprised that they have walls of modulars now, but that they did early 90s surprised me.
I was a huge fan in the beginning with Speak & Spell, but lost track of them after Construction Time Again and extrapolating from there I would have thought them going all out on samplers, etc. at that time.
Saw then in 84 and again a few years ago, such an awesome band!
MindMachine
Chrutil wrote:
Krisp1 and Corsynth: w00t we're not worthy
That is so awesome!!


Synths... bah. Who sculpted that doo? Classic coif.
alternating.bit
cornutt wrote:
Early '90s is the bit that surprises me... I was under the impression that they were mostly sample manglers at that point.

Their sample "mangling" ended mostly after Black Celebration but especially following Music For The Masses. Violator (1990) incorporated more traditional instruments, though mostly synths. The photo I posted was during the production of the 1993 release Songs of Faith and Devotion. Again, there's no saying the modular in the photo was actually used for the album. I just thought it was neat to see there in the room.

Chrutil wrote:
alternating.bit wrote:



That is one funny piece of tape there hihi

What "tape" are you referring to?? The Analog Solutions sticker??

krisp14u wrote:
Martin Gore has A huge 5U system some of which Im very proud to have built

Which makes me wonder... were you tempted at all to abuse having his contact info? lol... did you at least say anything to him outside of the order like "huge fan"?
(same question goes out to Corsynth)
Thalassa
alternating.bit wrote:
Which makes me wonder... were you tempted at all to abuse having his contact info? lol... did you at least say anything to him outside of the order like "huge fan"?(same question goes out to Corsynth)


I treat him like any other costumer ( but it was hard to do it hihi hihi ).
Dr Gris
And that bassline from the producer's (what's his name again) Roland System 700.
And the well known song is..... razz


//M
Chrutil
alternating.bit wrote:

Chrutil wrote:
alternating.bit wrote:



That is one funny piece of tape there hihi

What "tape" are you referring to?? The Analog Solutions sticker??


I was referring to the piece of tape that covers the 'ogue' part of Analogue
boothnavy
His current studio still under cnstruction:

dslocum
boothnavy wrote:
His current studio still under cnstruction:



HOLY WOW! I think Martin has a few of our modules, but I can only see one Double Deka in this rig.
josaka
Went to his place once.. And did a remix for depeche.. think he had a 5u cab there..
bwhittington
Seems like that studio is a great candidate for a library ladder if he is filling the top two rows as well.

alternating.bit
josaka wrote:
Went to his place once.. And did a remix for depeche.. think he had a 5u cab there..

Such a casual, understatement!!!

something wonderful
coyoteous
http://sondhus.com/work/
alternating.bit
Wow, even the bathroom there is dope.



... and I see that bashful Vermona there Miley Cyrus
Personally I prefer the regular knobs though.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group