MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Juno 60 modifications for modular users
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Juno 60 modifications for modular users
FatRocky
I know about the Tubbutec Juno 66 mod. Which seems to be the best option for midi operation . But what about modular control?
Is the digital (DCO) control nature of the synth the reason why there is no modification for CV control of it?

or there is some mod around ?
GrantB
Yes, it's digitally controlled so no easy way to CV it. Tubbutec and then CV-> MIDI? You could program in a bunch of chords on the keys with Polychord and play them with one CV This is fun!
analoglsd
FatRocky wrote:
But what about modular control?
is some mod around ?

There's to need to mod it, there's a break-out box for that: the Roland OP-8
FatRocky
GrantB wrote:
Yes, it's digitally controlled so no easy way to CV it. Tubbutec and then CV-> MIDI? You could program in a bunch of chords on the keys with Polychord and play them with one CV This is fun!

This module is by the same guy, and seems to fit perfectly in your suggested way to control it.

https://tubbutec.de/%c2%b5tune/
GrantB
analoglsd wrote:
FatRocky wrote:
is some mod around ?

That's interesting, it never occurred to me you might use that without the MC-4.
FatRocky
it would be great if someone builds a eurorack clone of the Roland OP-8 .

I don´t go midi nowadays and having the Juno 66 upgrade doesn´t make much sense ( in my case)
bollyhood
analoglsd wrote:
FatRocky wrote:
is some mod around ?

Cool! Wondering how that works tho. Saw a vid on youtube now where someone just had 1 cv and gate connected and the Juno played with voice allocation (polyphonic) and seemed like it was quantized?

Was kind of hoping it could be abused. Like put in 6 random modulation sources in the cv ins, some rhytmic chaos into the gates. smile
ramos808
FatRocky wrote:
it would be great if someone builds a eurorack clone of the Roland OP-8 .

I don´t go midi nowadays and having the Juno 66 upgrade doesn´t make much sense ( in my case)

It's still worth it for the price, I love it. Other features:

Additional play modes: Polyphonic, Duophonic, Three-Voice, Two Monophonic modes, Chord Memory and Polychord. The Mono- and Duophonic modes feature adjustable fatness

Portamento for all play modes with adjustable speed and behaviour

Powerarp: A powerful sequencer that includes breaks and note lengths and can be triggered by the arp clock, trigger, midi clock or midi trigger. Features various direction, transpose and random modes.

Two additional filter LFOs: A triangular LFO with a frequency of up to 2.2kHz and a S/H style LFO with various clock sources.

A second ADSR for the filter.

Detuning. Turns your Juno into an organic analogue synth.

Alternative tunings: Select from a range of non-equal tempered tunings or upload a custom scale
bradpickapiper
Are most Juno 60s over 2k now? Should have bought one a while ago!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1