MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Unusual, high-quality revrbs and effects?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Unusual, high-quality revrbs and effects?
odditymedium
hello, i've been reading up on reverbs and planning to get one. i quited like the big sky by strymon, seems like it will combine well with my lyra-8.

can you suggets me other pedals/effects? similar price range, cheap is also good.

i like "shimmerr" effects, and tremolo, and am quite obsessed about timbre so i need high quality outputs

strymon sounded high quality to me

anything else? i heard about t-resonator and earthquakers. any other high quality effects pedals for synths?

no guitars here - drones, ambient, noise, industrial, drum-n-bass
Muzone
TC electronic T2 is worth a look, like many TC pedals it has "toneprint" that lets you design your own fx and upload to the pedal - runs line level inputs OK and is stereo in/out, not in the Strymon league of lushness but a fine pedal for the price smile

synhtopia video using a volca keys thru the T2 and transition delay
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/02/09/massive-soundscape-with-a -korg-volca-keys/
Antlerface
Industrialectric RM1N and Ezhi&Aka Terverb spring to mind for top notch weird Reverb.

I quite like the Big Sky and Flint by Strymon as well.
odditymedium
no love for eventide space?
authorless
Eventide Space for me. Maybe the Eventide H9, you can get the Space algorithms and the Crystals algorithm from the PitchFactor.
scozbor
Check out the Boss RV-500...
odditymedium
@authorless eventide h9 doesnt have blackhole does it?
dkcg
Meris Polymoon and Mercury7 might work.
Jason Brock
odditymedium wrote:
@authorless eventide h9 doesnt have blackhole does it?

It might not come in the "base" cheap version of the pedal, but you can definitely buy the Blackhole algorithm for it and install it.
odditymedium
shd i get h9 or space
smetak
https://neunaber.net/products/immerse
Shrigg
odditymedium wrote:
shd i get h9 or space

H9 can do more, I'd look for a used Core H9 and buy the algorithms you want.
indexofmetals
oto bam. not your usual reverbs but I love mine after having a blue sky and space.

I still have a pair of source audio reverbs (the older green one) that I will never sell.
scozbor
Using the 8 internal LFOs on the RV500 to modulate any params of the delay or reverb (including the reverb type!!) is pretty unusual... eek!

OK I'll shut up now Dead Banana
mateo
Another one to check out is the Empress Reverb: I haven't had to chance to hear it but it's loaded with features and seems very flexible
Antlerface
Empress Reverbis great sounding. I had one and liked the sounds but didn't like the UI.
nrg242
i liked the shimmer on the blue sky better than the big sky that i upgraded to. trying out the meris mercury now.

Oto Bam is on sale at Perfect Circuit right now.
Shadoweclipse13
Red Panda Context. It's my go-to reverb. All modes sound amazing, but the plate mode sounds especially amazing. The delay+reverb is just right too.

Red Panda Context Reverb - Demo by Just Nick
Anadrolic
Check out Chase Bliss Audio, they got wonderful unique pedals...

Antlerface
Chase Bliss doesn't make a reverb pedal at all...?
Shadoweclipse13
Antlerface wrote:
Chase Bliss doesn't make a reverb pedal at all...?

Right? I bet they're working on one. Every time they release something, unless it's an updated version of another pedal, they seem to release something in a new pedal type. They've got the Tonal Recall delay, so I don't see why they wouldn't be thinking about a reverb. A good pedal reverb isn't as common as a good drive or good delay pedal it seems.
Antlerface
Can't really abide by "analog heart digital brain" with a small box Reverb unfortunately.
Vatican2
Holy Grail is a great work horse

Ekdahl Moisturizer is a dream come true
Shadoweclipse13
Antlerface wrote:
Can't really abide by "analog heart digital brain" with a small box Reverb unfortunately.

I agree. I've always thought their enclosures were too small, especially with that many knobs AND two footswitches. Maybe for a reverb, they'd make a custom wide/double-width enclosure. A reverb with two footswitches, and all that many dipswitches for flexibility, would likely be fantastic.
odditymedium
i can answer my own question: the lyra-8! highly capable, very unusual delay/reverb/feedback effects
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2