MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel Card Doubler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Easel Card Doubler
mutierend
Anyone have the Card Doubler? Is it worth it? I haven't ordered one yet, but I'm seriously considering it as I use the AUX Expander a lot.
Minimoog56
For $300? I don't think so. My 208 Easel expander was only $300.
ArguZ
I got one the other day and yes, the price is outrageous .
It is a very simple PCB card with two female and one male Sullins card holders , four resistors , two LEDs and one cap. It also features a 2x6 pin header for system cards.
That little feature allowed me to upgrade my other e modules as i have no system port in my rack..yet.
A solid piece of very simple electronic, and quite useful if you have an iProgram card or another card that has no front facing controls.

ritchiedrums
what does that side connector do?
papz
ArguZ wrote:
It also features a 2x6 pin header for system cards.
That little feature allowed me to upgrade my other e modules as i have no system port in my rack..yet.
Chekmate99
I recently got the card doubler as well - extremely expensive for what it is but it does provide room for expanding/adding functionality.

I use it with the AUX expander and it works fine. I have some pictures that show how much space is available between the expander card and the AUX expander - unfortunately I haven't reached my quota of posts to embed pictures yet or they are added as attachments. But there is plenty of room if you don't add pots, etc. to the expander card. .

I'm sure someone could make an 'extension' card to extend the length so the input slot it is higher then the AUX expander; thus you could add pots to the expander card and have two expanders/interfaces facing you; one with pots using the expander card and the other being the AUX expander or use the toolkit add-on or e-program card with the AUX expander.
Chekmate99
fyi

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1