MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Big Round Rogans
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Big Round Rogans
Vatican2
Anyone know where to find the fat round Rogans often seen on the 259r. I want em for my 258. Thanks!
sawersky
You can try Thonk in UK, I have bought few Rogan Puck's if that's the one's , that You are afer...but they seems to big for 258..
weedywhizz
www.samodular.com

The pucks seem too large, the big blue skirted in my shop work fine but you'll need longer shafts on your pots.

Cheers
Steffen

tobb
weedywhizz wrote:
The pucks seem too large,

No,they are perfect on 258's

I have them in stock,also have the big skirted stocked

weedywhizz
Great - stocking the pucks as well w00t lol
Well - its my private stock but willing to give away a few.
tarandfeathers
weedywhizz wrote:
The pucks seem too large, the big blue skirted in my shop work fine but you'll need longer shafts on your pots.

Steffen, how far from the bottom of the skirt are the grub screws on the large skirted knobs? (ie minimum shaft protrusion above the panel.) And what is the depth available inside the knob?

(I should just order some from you and get the micrometer out really...)
weedywhizz
tarandfeathers wrote:
weedywhizz wrote:

Steffen, how far from the bottom of the skirt are the grub screws on the large skirted knobs? (ie minimum shaft protrusion above the panel.) And what is the depth available inside the knob?

(I should just order some from you and get the micrometer out really...)

Hi - just measured.

the set screw is around 13mm from the bottom of the skirt. Depth inside the knob is around 21mm.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Steffen
Minimoog56
Both Rogan options look bad IMHO. I say keep it Davies black. Alternatively, I used Selco gray capped knobs to match the 200e modules. Regular D shaft Selcos fit the Verbos 258v perfectly. For round shaft pots I use the Selcos with collet wrench to secure.
kbrush
aesthetic differences. i love the pucks on 2u modules like 259. feels like they give more resolution because circumference. might be a bit much for 1u modules though
momo
Minimoog56 wrote:
Both Rogan options look bad IMHO. I say keep it Davies black. Alternatively, I used Selco gray capped knobs to match the 200e modules. Regular D shaft Selcos fit the Verbos 258v perfectly. For round shaft pots I use the Selcos with collet wrench to secure.

Yeah agreed, Davies all the way on a 258!
sempervirent
Fun fact: the black Davies and the Rogans shown in the photos by @tobb and @weedywhizz have the same diameter (for both the small and large knobs) so they are interchangeable.

Another source for Rogan knobs is Thonk, who has blue as well as red, white, and black:
https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/rogan-buchla/

Thonk does not stock the "large" size but does stock the puck-style knobs and several smaller sizes.
kbrush
Oooh the white is interesting, never seen that. Anyone have a pic of these on a module?
weedywhizz
sempervirent wrote:
Fun fact: the black Davies and the Rogans shown in the photos by @tobb and @weedywhizz have the same diameter (for both the small and large knobs) so they are interchangeable.

Another source for Rogan knobs is Thonk, who has blue as well as red, white, and black:
https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/rogan-buchla/

Thonk does not stock the "large" size but does stock the puck-style knobs and several smaller sizes.

Interchangeable ? Wrong. You need larger pots to mount the big skirted Rogans. The pucks will work on shorter pots. Still have a few left.
And yes, if you want to spend more money than necessary on Rogans - go for Thonk wink If you want them cheaper - go for www.samodular.com
My prices are including VAT for EU customers - not just on checkout.
sempervirent
weedywhizz wrote:
Wrong.

You misinterpreted my comment. But sorry to disrupt the weedywhizz promotional campaign!

kbrush wrote:
Oooh the white is interesting, never seen that. Anyone have a pic of these on a module?

Haven't seen them on a Buchla module yet but here's a few Euro modules with white: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUeqy8CA3NH/
kbrush
eh, white is more interesting in concept than execution.

ran out of small skirts in just the first 2 boats (way more knobs than realized)

calling SAModular!!

weedywhizz
kbrush wrote:
eh, white is more interesting in concept than execution.

ran out of small skirts in just the first 2 boats (way more knobs than realized)

calling SAModular!!

woah woah jawdrop jawdrop we're not worthy
tobb
ah,you received my pucks i see wink thumbs up

Nice dense colours shot,love it.

(ps: if you want a few skirted knobs i have them in red and blue)
kbrush
unfortunately i need 160 of them sad to finish up the instrument

she’s worth it though Nutter!
Vatican2
It looks gorgeous!
J3RK
Here's white:

kbrush
hmm. it's actually quite pretty in that color scheme.
J3RK
Thanks! I definitely can't see using the white ones a lot, but in certain schemes they work out pretty well I think. Love the larger red ones on your panels.
kbrush
yes, colour me surprised, the powder blue plugs with white rogans on silver face is choice. reminds me of Rebel Tech a bit

On the Rogans, agree i dig the red also. learning that a little red goes a very long way though with buchla and rogan, particularly in person. gotta sprinkle it on just so. can be too much of a good thing right?
J3RK
I agree completely on the red. You have to have just the right amount. It appears that your ratio is in the safe zone. Those ten degrees where the needle is pretty much centered betwixt the evil-science control panel and the candy factory.
kbrush
lol exactly
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1