MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New portable from synthesizers.com... and other stuff.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New portable from synthesizers.com... and other stuff.
vasoll
Roger has been busy.
mutierend
The TB22++ case is pretty damn cool. I hope he sells it without the TB modules.
bwhittington
Huba-Swift
Convenient link to the TB22++: https://synthesizers.com/tb22.html

eek! Dang... That's a pretty cool system! Is the SH++ new as well? I haven't seen that around yet. It has a very enticing feature set.
bwhittington
Huba-Swift wrote:
Is the SH++ new as well? I haven't seen that around yet. It has a very enticing feature set.


Oh, me neither. That seems like perhaps his best ++ yet to me. Great for small/first systems. I remember my early efforts to approximate a /2 in my system before I had a zillion ways to do that. (Rectifier section of the Q130 was the root of my kludge, I think.) Neat to have a simple divider included as one of the five functions crammed into that single space. An absolute tackle box of a module.
RadioTelefonik
Beauty! Reminds me of the Buchla Skylab case. And yeah, I hope it becomes available without the modules.
Ockeghem
I wonder if he can customize the module selection or pro-rate prices for those who already have half of the modules.
Dave Peck
Hey that IS cool. Especially the S/H++ module, and the new cabinet design. Those low profile patch cords are really nice looking too! Now he really needs to release a single width "+" version of the Q150 24dB ladder filter, for that last empty space in this system.
RadioTelefonik
Huba-Swift wrote:

eek! Dang... That's a pretty cool system! Is the SH++ new as well? I haven't seen that around yet. It has a very enticing feature set.


Just took a peek through the SH++ page and damn, that looks nice! And I'd just bought the old SH module, too... lol
RussiaZero23
No Word yet if the TB++ case will be sold by itself?

Its not for me as I plan on getting back into 5U and that means big case, but it would be great if you can just buy the case as long as its not to expensive
smbenn
RussiaZero23 wrote:
No Word yet if the TB++ case will be sold by itself?


I'm sure(hope!) Roger will once the initial bout of orders for the TB22++ have been satisfied and he's ramped up the initial production run of the case itself. Lugging 2 x QCP22's around to gigs at the moment...
Flareless
Pretty cool but jumpers hmmm.....

Difficult to decide if you want 2 or 4 clock divisions when you have to remove the module and change jumpers to decide.

Makes for a harrowing performance.

Of course jumpers beg to have an "Aid" module.

Please don't get me wrong, Roger's new offerings look great! I just cringe when I see great features stuck behind the panel on jumpers to decide. For gosh sake... make room for a switch confused
Ockeghem
Flareless wrote:
Pretty cool but jumpers hmmm.....

Difficult to decide if you want 2 or 4 clock divisions when you have to remove the module and change jumpers to decide.

Makes for a harrowing performance.

Of course jumpers beg to have an "Aid" module.

Please don't get me wrong, Roger's new offerings look great! I just cringe when I see great features stuck behind the panel on jumpers to decide. For gosh sake... make room for a switch confused


I'd use the Gate Math for divisions if I needed to change them much. Or STG's Integer Dividers, or the Moon Modules or....
TimeRaveler
I wonder how nice of a sub oscillator the divider would make...And would it only work with the square wave? Don’t recall seeing a demo of that in the video...
spinach_pizza
Wow...
dotcom is not what it was when I first put together my system! I like that new SH module, and the new mixer++ looks good too. AND I'm liking the looks of those low profile cables.
cornutt
Flareless wrote:
Pretty cool but jumpers
Difficult to decide if you want 2 or 4 clock divisions when you have to remove the module and change jumpers to decide.


That's when you DIY a switch in.
RadioTelefonik
spinach_pizza wrote:
Wow...
dotcom is not what it was when I first put together my system! I like that new SH module, and the new mixer++ looks good too. AND I'm liking the looks of those low profile cables.


The ++ modules in general are pretty wicked. I love how the LFO++ has both a built-in VCA and envelope generator!
gregae
RadioTelefonik wrote:


The ++ modules in general are pretty wicked. I love how the LFO++ has both a built-in VCA and envelope generator!


I agree!

Pretty sweet having that additional functionality the LFO++!
RadioTelefonik
Yeah, and since it can go into audio rate iirc, it can function as a compact synth voice all on its own. Some might think that defeats the purpose of a modular, but it's just nice to have those extra options if, heaven forbid, you run out of vcas. lol
DJFonzi
cornutt wrote:
Flareless wrote:
Pretty cool but jumpers
Difficult to decide if you want 2 or 4 clock divisions when you have to remove the module and change jumpers to decide.


That's when you DIY a switch in.


Looking at the datasheet (again, bless Roger for doing that!), there looks to be some interesting options available, and yeah, maybe an "aid" panel. Lots of divisions on the jumpers. Are they all active simultaneously, and just jumpered to the output? Because having the additional 6 options on jacks would be sweet. I could actually see making this a 2U panel.
Flareless
cornutt wrote:
Flareless wrote:
Pretty cool but jumpers
Difficult to decide if you want 2 or 4 clock divisions when you have to remove the module and change jumpers to decide.


That's when you DIY a switch in.


I'm there but at that point you might as well re-panel it into 2U as DJFonzi mentioned.

An Aid module would make it 2U but it'd be a cumbersome 2U.
bwhittington
I added things up to see how the case was priced. The modules and cables come to $3769, without case and power. The TB22++ (quite a catchy name lol) sells for $3700, so the case is essentially free with the bundle. Nice deal for a case I might have guessed would be $800, based on the Box11 pricing.

And for the record, it contains another "new" module, a Q175 variant with added mults. Collect them all!

bwhittington
Flareless wrote:
cornutt wrote:
Flareless wrote:
Pretty cool but jumpers
Difficult to decide if you want 2 or 4 clock divisions when you have to remove the module and change jumpers to decide.


That's when you DIY a switch in.


I'm there but at that point you might as well re-panel it into 2U as DJFonzi mentioned.

An Aid module would make it 2U but it'd be a cumbersome 2U.


Someone should produce a Dotcom Jumper Break Out module that is a vertical row of switches with long wire leads and MTA headers, with white label strips next to them for users to write in what each is for.

And then a DJBO++ module that includes a free grease pencil. hihi
Flareless
bwhittington wrote:
...And for the record, it contains another "new" module, a Q175 variant with added mults. Collect them all!


It seems we can't as the Q175A is only available with the TB22++

Damn, now that I can't have it..... I want it more very frustrating help
alternating.bit
bwhittington wrote:
That seems like perhaps his best ++ yet to me. Great for small/first systems.

I completely agree. His new S&H has LOTS of functions without seeming too complicated like the gate math.
I too would love that folding case... but I'd want to be able to remove those potentially hazardous cable holding TEETH that protrude once opened. That really inhibits certain configurations for desktop or live performance setups in my opinion... I'm imagining my legs bumping into them for one... *OUCH*
EDIT: Oh, I see now from the animated video they fold up... but they'd still be an eyesore to me.

Ahhhh and I see those little cables in his demo video are actually his new mini cables! Nice... promotional plug Miley Cyrus

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group