MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Secrets of the Zorlon Cannon mkii
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Secrets of the Zorlon Cannon mkii
wireangel
So it possible I wan't fully paying attention, but I think some folks have been holding out on me.. hmmm..... razz

Last week I got to try out the Zorlon whilst I was over at Perfect Circuit. I had tried it a couple of weeks agoa and 'discovered' that, in fact, it doesn't just send out pseudo-random gates, it sends out pseudo random sequences of voltages!!!!!! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! thumbs up

I tried it the second time as, after a few days, I had convinced myself that i had imagined this.

Suffice to say when paired with the Hammer and Argos Bleak, the combination of random gates and voltages is as much fun as you can have legally.

My favourite discovery was using the Zorlon to add a rnd shimmering arpeggio on top the sequence from the Hammer, all quantized and added with the Argos Bleak.

Anyone on here harboring cool examples of using the cannon for awesome nonsense?

Im going to need to get this module, I think.
mt3
Qotile Ultimatum. Multiple ones. For everything everywhere.
hyena
welcome to the uber-secretive zorlon cannon mk2 appreciation club grin
i send the sequence out of a section to drive b section's cv , the outs of b section into lopassgates, the gate outs of a section pinging those lopassgates, heaven smile

or:

i use gates to drive a tyme sefari mk2 while using the mix out as voltage control for his sampling rate...

or.....
sackley
ZC2 mix out at audio rate contains subliminal messages from the Gov.

I actually patch up a sort of fluctuating random voltage by sending the mix out through the slew of King Slender.

I also like thinking of the ZC2 as a semi-controllable clock divider.
mt3
Alternatively to the Qotile:
WMD SSM and/or Evin 209.
wireangel
Thanks chaps. Discovering that this module is definitely a secret sauce! Being able to distribute pseudo rand gates and CV across a patch and have it interact with the SH mkii and Argos Bleak takes the sequencing to whole different approach. It's bonkers.

Cheers for the reminder of using a slew Sackley! I had overlooked that. Almost becomes a programmable 'source of uncertainty'.

Problem is now Im going to want to get the Tyme Sefari.
guestt
Great posts - thanks everyone grin

Always good to be amongst folk who know what they are talking about - still learning more even after all these years and I really appreciate this 'secret' little club a lot!!

we're not worthy

I've been taking the pseudorandom from the ZC and mixing the signals with regularly repeating triggers from elsewhere - mixing the two creates a nice balance - works a treat!

Smearing the mix output with Clouds is good fun too - walls of noise!

Really need to explore using the pitches to modulate the TS more, all these modules challenge so much, I've had some of them a long time now and am still finding new things - always a sign of really good design.

Haven't even thought about plugging the ZV into the AB - holy crap, I can't begin to imagine what will happen... that's next on my list to try for sure - thank you wireangel
hyena
another use:

i use zcmk2 with hertz donut mk2, maths and streams as a full on drum machine.

zorlon cannon A section clocked by master clock (tempi) , gate 1 to maths trig in 1 and multed to streams excite in (env\vca mode), maths out to donut cv in (expo) for a nice pitch envelope, donut sine out to streams in.
this way i get my basic bass drum.
then i send zc gate 2 to donut modulation index (fm mode, tracking: red), gate 3 to donut waveshaping amount (mode: red)
section A mix out to donut modulator oscillator cv in (expo)
gate 4 self patched to seed in so i get continuously changing patterns.
this way my basic kick gets continually twisted into more complex drums often sounding like distorted snares, toms, whatever.
if you want more control instead of sending gates 2 & 3 directly to mod index and waveshaper amt you can slew them or use them to trigger envelopes before hitting the destinations. but straight gates often do the job.
really nasty drums. especially if you crank up streams level knob into distortion (his vca distorts pretty nice imho).
this is just one of the possible variations (think other modulations inside donut, am, tracking, etc...).
mk2 modules really belong together smile i so badly want a piston honda mk2 now...
jjh
hyena wrote:

mk2 modules really belong together smile i so badly want a piston honda mk2 now...

Just got Honda yesterday and installed it to Zorlon's immediate neighborhood. The latter really shines in modulating the first, I can tell you.
hyena
jjh wrote:
hyena wrote:

Just got Honda yesterday and installed it to Zorlon's immediate neighborhood. The latter really shines in modulating the first, I can tell you.

aaargh!!! bye bye
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1