MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SRE330 build guide feedback
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author SRE330 build guide feedback
Pav
Hi Tony,

some additional thoughts on the buildguide as i am building.

the build guide talks to the (dc) power led on the SRE330 main board but does not mention the AC led in the RPSU issue2.

It is not in the parts list so we are not expected to use it.

Instructions do say omit R5 ,D11, and C13 of which R5 and D11 would be needed to complete the led circuit, maybe all three. So if the reader does not have the schematic they might be helped by mentioning these are for the LED which is not used / optional.

Can it be used in SRE330 as a standby led ?

Also .. if using external PSU should there be a mention of RPSU "CASE" pad not being necessary as well as the AC LED when used with SRE?

currently it is only discussed in the transformer option section.

finally ..it might be worth bringing forward to the parts section the sentence about their being no harm in fitting Fuse1 and diodes even if using 1/2 wave rectification to the parts list section.

I am still not sure which way i will go ..I have a 1A AC switchable wall wart sitting on the shelf..with a 15V option saying "use me use me".
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
the build guide talks to the (dc) power led on the SRE330 main board but does not mention the AC led in the RPSU issue2.

The suggested build doesn't use the RPSU's standby LED as it tries to keep things simple as much as possible. However, you could populate the parts shown on the RPSU schematic and use it for a standby LED. Having a standby LED is quite a good idea since it does tell you the linelump/wallwart is live.

Quote:
Also .. if using external PSU should there be a mention of RPSU "CASE" pad not being necessary as well as the AC LED when used with SRE?

I could certainly add this information to future revision of the guide.

Quote:
it might be worth bringing forward to the parts section the sentence about their being no harm in fitting Fuse1 and diodes even if using 1/2 wave rectification to the parts list section.

Noted.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1