MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Keith Fullerton Whitman's "Generator"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Keith Fullerton Whitman's "Generator"
futuresoundsystems

In short: Fucking awesome.

I just managed to order a copy of the cassette from Root Strata - everywhere else I looked has sold out so I thought I had missed this one! There's also a double cassette live album over at Mimaroglu Music which looks awesome to say the least. I know Keith passes through here from time to time so if you're reading this Keith, give yourself a pat on the back from me - this work is brilliant smile
modulator_esp
just ordered smile

and the live one too SlayerBadger!
dissonance
futuresoundsystems wrote:

Indeed. Thanks for posting this; I love Keith's work. The first few minutes reminded me a bit of some of Terry Riley's pieces, sound-wise. Very different compositional methods, obviously.

Just ordered a copy of the tape myself.
goiks
yep, been digging this. wish he was playing at on land this year.
slovo
Oh man, awesome. I was such a fan of Hrvatski, and he always surprises me... I always forget he is still around and then POW! fun fun fun SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
syncretism
He's playing Chicago next month. Too bad I'll be out of town. I've been trying for like ten years to catch him live (and buy him a mancrush beer).
neandrewthal
Ordered! Thanks! screaming goo yo
MrBiggs
KFW bought a couple of A110 VCOs from me here on the BST thread a couple of months ago. I like to think that they're in this somewheres. I gotta get it.

Neat!
vlk
Wow. That video is awesome.
Babaluma
that shit's great in HD fullscreen wink
kfw
haha ; i'm glad but kinda bummed that you guys found that video !!! i did it as a "demo" for a prospective installation for an art-space in europe - it basically shows that this version of the patch is essentially self-modulating & needs very little human interaction ... the only variables in the "gallery" version are several instances of the light-sensor module trained-on with straight beams "broken" by folks walking through the space (this was the version i used for the "losing everything b/w four oscillators" single) ; the version i play live is WAY more dense & event-oriented !!!
kfw
i love how the artist posting in his own thread brings things to a standstill !!! i'm a regular guy ; a synth user, i read this board on the regular, just like you ...

anyways ; here's a much better video that shows off a different patch utilizing some of the harvestman stuff ::

i'm headed out to chicago next week to play a few sets at the neon marshmallow fest ; one will prob. be "generator" stuff, and the will be much like the music in that video. i'll also be doing a collab set with tv pow, which should be ace ... don't be afraid to come up & say hello !!!
dude
realy cool stuff!
modulator_esp
I'm still waiting for generator from root strata, but I got the live genrators set from you keith and have been enjoying it smile
indexofmetals
I presume KFW knows but the others might not; there's a short article about him in the latest issue of the wire with a pic of him with (his?) old serge system
sandyb
that was very cool. thanks for posting it.
the right hand cabinet is quite seizure inducing zombie
reignbear
dope! just out of curiosity what is the appeal to all the doepfer VCOs? just an economy thing(cheap used and 10hp)? I haven't worked with them but have heard mixed things...
rafe127

Oooh, this sounds dope.

I love the meditative quality and the disruption of that quality.

I've seen KFW play a few times, all a few years back, though. Once with a laptop and a little music box thingy... Once with mics and a crackle-box.... probably a laptop also that time. Inspiring shows, both times.
timmah
reignbear wrote:
dope! just out of curiosity what is the appeal to all the doepfer VCOs? just an economy thing(cheap used and 10hp)? I haven't worked with them but have heard mixed things...

the a110 isnt the most fancy osc but it's got a great sound and is an absolute bass monster. I like it.
richardm123uk
That is wonderful!. I forgot about his work. I remember seeing Hrvatski live in Norway at the Safe as Milk festival. Apparently I fell asleep mid-sentence when speaking to Keith (I was drunk). Memories!.
futuresoundsystems
modulator_esp wrote:
I'm still waiting for generator from root strata

Same here... was a little concerned when I emailed Jeff after two weeks and he told me he hadn't even dispatched it hmmm.....
modulator_esp
modulator_esp wrote:

Same here... was a little concerned when I emailed Jeff after two weeks and he told me he hadn't even dispatched it hmmm.....

at least you got a reply very frustrating
dissonance
modulator_esp wrote:
modulator_esp wrote:

at least you got a reply very frustrating

Same thing here as well. Paid on July 18th and haven't heard a word. Sent Jeff a message yesterday.
neandrewthal
Well I'm at least glad to hear that mine's probably not lost in the mail.
unintentional states
This was posted on the RS site yesterday or today:

"On Land is slowly creeping up, keeping us plenty busy. If you've ordered anything in the last few weeks, it's probably in the mail now or will be soon. Sorry for the delay. Please feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions."
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2