MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Richter CV Twister/Wave Warper? Bomono PCB/Panel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Richter CV Twister/Wave Warper? Bomono PCB/Panel
thetwlo
https://modularaddict.com/bomonomodular-cvtwister-pcbpanel
PDF

Looks great! and simple.

Any examples out there of it in action?
Landsphere
In the BOM, I notice it says 6 diodes.. I can only find places to put 4?

Also Im assuming Im putting ceramic capacitors in that small space between the electrolytic's at the top (and to the left of the bottom one)?

Eager to have a play with this once built. May upload a vid..
unrecordings
Since they've just used the original schematic file from 2001, I'm assuming the other two diodes might be reverse polarity protection on the power supply (which isn't shown, along with what I assume are the bypass caps)

I was going to perfboard one of these back in the day, this has prompted me to get off my arse and do it
Navs
I can only see 4 diodes too, at least on the original schematic.

It's a variation of the ideal diode circuits also described by Jim Patchell.

The sonic effect is more subtle than a multi-stage wave-folder; it has more in common with wave-shapers and some of the timbres can be got by mixing waveforms:

The triangle example reminds me of the Lockhart 'Simple Wavefolder' described by Ken Stone.
FetidEye
I read that the design is an adaption from the Sandin Function generator.
it would be cool to have cv control on the video pcb's I made (from the schematic on the LZX website)
--> this is a very cool effect for video!

on the video pcb there is a switch btw. I think it sets the range or offset.

I also have this pcb, almost finished, just some pots.. The blue panel is beautiful!
emergency_librarian
Landsphere wrote:
In the BOM, I notice it says 6 diodes.. I can only find places to put 4?

Also Im assuming Im putting ceramic capacitors in that small space between the electrolytic's at the top (and to the left of the bottom one)?

Eager to have a play with this once built. May upload a vid..

Did you finish building this Landsphere? If so, is it worth having? I'm thinking of making this my next build so it would be great to hear it in action.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1