MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Record from DAW to casette by using a 3.5mm to casette adapt
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Record from DAW to casette by using a 3.5mm to casette adapt
Cornelisjuh
I have been thinking about the idea of recording some of my music to casette because why not. I however, dont have a casette recorder. I do have an old stereo tower which features a section that can copy a casette to another.

Could I use one of these 3.5mm jack to casette adapters in deck A and then 'copy' that to an empty casette on deck B? has anyone tried something like that?

I am talking about one of these:
hsosdrum
It certainly can't hurt to try. Those adapters are decidedly lo-fi, but if you're recording to cassette you're probably going for lo-fi in the first place, so it might be just the thing to get you what you're looking for.

(If you're not going for lo-fi I'd forget about recording to cassette altogether, unless you have access to an old Nakamichi deck that's been restored.)
Cornelisjuh
hsosdrum wrote:
It certainly can't hurt to try. Those adapters are decidedly lo-fi, but if you're recording to cassette you're probably going for lo-fi in the first place, so it might be just the thing to get you what you're looking for.

(If you're not going for lo-fi I'd forget about recording to cassette altogether, unless you have access to an old Nakamichi deck that's been restored.)

Yeah Im mostly interested for the effects. Ill give it a go, will report back if it works.
djbuzzard
Any updates?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1