MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Thanks to these FreeState FX modules...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Thanks to these FreeState FX modules...
alternating.bit
Both the FSFX101 Macro Digital Oscillator (Braids) and the FSFX102 Granular Audio Processor (Clouds) have become such an integral part of my 5U system. I'd like to share with you folks a new work of mine that uses these two modules predominantly. See if you can hear them in action:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3729646106 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]
Ockeghem
Is that link correct?
hmmm.....
alternating.bit
It is an embedded player which also includes a link... works on my end, maybe because I'm using chrome?
Here's a direct link, let me know.

https://downscope.bandcamp.com/album/hybrids
spinach_pizza
Good work! thumbs up

Purchased.

edit: I don't have either clouds or braids, so I don't feel very much able to comment on your use of them, with specifics. I am enjoying the overall mood you've created, however.
bwhittington
Wow, I was admiring how prolific you are when I thought it was just one track, then I realized you had made another album! You seem to have tamed the Mutable modules very well. I really enjoyed the restrained tension of your Heterosis track.
ppkstat
Yes I have trouble taming my clouds as well so if you have any tips please fire away.

Few days ago I flashed it with the parasites firmware, manly because I wanted to have something that can be used as a plain reverb. Turns out even that is not very straightforward.

I can use it to make very cool sounds, especially with heavily wet signals and random pitch modulation. What I find very hard to do though is to use it subtly.
Klangzaun
I have both modules as well and enjoy it a lot. Both are a good source for inspiration.
alternating.bit
spinach_pizza wrote:
Good work! thumbs up

Purchased.

edit: I don't have either clouds or braids, so I don't feel very much able to comment on your use of them, with specifics. I am enjoying the overall mood you've created, however.

Thanks so kindly both for the feedback and support!!

bwhittington wrote:
Wow, I was admiring how prolific you are when I thought it was just one track, then I realized you had made another album! You seem to have tamed the Mutable modules very well. I really enjoyed the restrained tension of your Heterosis track.

Interesting you bring up Heterosis. That was the one track that initially didn't fit in with the others but then I stripped it down, buried it deeper into effects and slowed the tempo which is what you now hear. So technically it wasn't so much taming the modules as it was masking the rage.

ppkstat wrote:
Yes I have trouble taming my clouds as well so if you have any tips please fire away.

As with most CV manipulation very often my external CV sources are being run through some form of attenuation so things don't get out of control. In other words, rather than sending say an LFO signal straight into a CV input, I'll run it through a mixer / attenuator and only let about 15% of the signal flow in. That's probably the only advice I can give on the matter - but thanks for listening!
JohnLRice
Sounds great alternating.bit! thumbs up
alternating.bit
^ Thanks man! Now how about your drone session??
(Perhaps you didn't see my request in the "dying format" thread)
Squattamolie
I don't have either of the previously mentioned modules, but since it's a "thanks to FSFX" thread, I felt like mentioning how much I like his build of the Fritz All-in EG - something that simple shouldn't be so cool but it really is. After I bought one, had to buy another.

Also have been digging his build of the Yusynth FFB with individual band outs (way cool with an SSL Segwencer and/or STG Switch).

alternating.bit
^ I have yet to figure out the practicality of gate delays, I'm ashamed to admit. I even bought a large Moon module for such and sold it after a week, not grasping the use. Even after reading the full description on the Free State FX website, I just don't get it. I guess I'd need a video demo.
Squattamolie
alternating.bit wrote:
^ I have yet to figure out the practicality of gate delays....


It's not a gate delay, it's a pulse (trigger) delay with adjustable duration, feeding an AD/AR envelope.
Klangzaun
Does somebody know if the freestate fx conversions of braids and clouds can be feeded wih bees in the trees and parasite?

In case how could I get back on Braids. It shows firmware 1.9, but the latest official version shows 1.8.
alternating.bit
alternating.bit wrote:
^ I have yet to figure out the practicality of gate delays, I'm ashamed to admit. I even bought a large Moon module for such and sold it after a week, not grasping the use. Even after reading the full description on the Free State FX website, I just don't get it. I guess I'd need a video demo.


Ok, actually I think I just figured out a good use for a gate delay. Today I had a bass line that kept hitting what sounded a tad too EARLY even though everything was in sync via my clock divider. I ran it through my VRG and adjusted the output which "slewed" it just right. Miley Cyrus
MindMachine
alternating.bit wrote:
alternating.bit wrote:
^ I have yet to figure out the practicality of gate delays, I'm ashamed to admit. I even bought a large Moon module for such and sold it after a week, not grasping the use. Even after reading the full description on the Free State FX website, I just don't get it. I guess I'd need a video demo.


Ok, actually I think I just figured out a good use for a gate delay. Today I had a bass line that kept hitting what sounded a tad too EARLY even though everything was in sync via my clock divider. I ran it through my VRG and adjusted the output which "slewed" it just right. Miley Cyrus


thumbs up

BTW - that last tune you posted was fantastic. You do some great tunes.
Klangzaun
Klangzaun wrote:
Does somebody know if the freestate fx conversions of braids and clouds can be feeded wih bees in the trees and parasite?

In case how could I get back on Braids. It shows firmware 1.9, but the latest official version shows 1.8.


I've got answer from Jason:

Parasites on Clouds i recommended as it offers new modes.

Bees in the trees on Braids is not recommended as it affects the audio quality.
dhergott1
Nice track! I am very glad FSFX brought these modules (and more) to MU. Would love to see more thoughtful conversions. Parasites work very well on my Clouds. Had to spend some time with manual to feel comfortable with controls though. Still can't say I've really figured it out, but I'm cool with that.
trentpmcd
Very cool. Sounds great.
DrReverendSeance
Boy, it sure would be nice to see these FsFX Mi conversions in MOTM. Just saying... Mr. Green
ppkstat
You can make your own...That's the advantage of MOTM. I have already finished my clouds with a MOTM panel and I am nearly done with my Yarns which will have all the components wired (to make it look more like MOTM hihi ) I am doing a double braids (3 panel width) in early spring.
DrReverendSeance
ppkstat wrote:
You can make your own...That's the advantage of MOTM. I have already finished my clouds with a MOTM panel and I am nearly done with my Yarns which will have all the components wired (to make it look more like MOTM hihi ) I am doing a double braids (3 panel width) in early spring.


Where did you get your PCB?
ppkstat
Modular addict.
DrReverendSeance
Thanks. These are all 12V PCBs though. I am not knowledgeable enough to do the conversion. (hides)
DJFonzi
alternating.bit wrote:
Both the FSFX101 Macro Digital Oscillator (Braids) and the FSFX102 Granular Audio Processor (Clouds) have become such an integral part of my 5U system. I'd like to share with you folks a new work of mine that uses these two modules predominantly. See if you can hear them in action:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3729646106 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]


That's awesome!
Purchased. This is my favorite stuff I've heard from you. I like the light touch with beats.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group