MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

intellijel MIXUP - compact mono/stereo chainable mixer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author intellijel MIXUP - compact mono/stereo chainable mixer
intellijel
The intellijel MIXUP is a versatile, compact and expandable audio mixer in just 6hp.

It has eight inputs (6 on the front panel) and two outputs. Inputs 1 and 2 are single-channel mono inputs, each with its own mute switch and level control; Input 3 is a dual-channel stereo input with a shared mute and level control; and input 4 is an auxiliary unity-gain, non-mutable stereo input.

Using bus connectors on the back panel, you can chain multiple Mixups together in series, giving you the ability to mix together even more inputs, or to create sub-mixes for routing around larger systems.

Because Mixup is designed specifically for audio (and not for CV mixing), it uses AC-coupled circuitry (which reduces the potential for ‘pops’ when muting and unmuting audio), and it uses audio-grade, logarithmic attenuators for a smooth, even response across the entire volume range.

In a lot of my own personal patching experiments I kept encountering the need to mix a few mono sources with some stereo ones and then summing them all to a stereo mix. I wanted something compact for this purpose and the Mixup was born out of this need. So far it has proven to be a really handy new member of the intellijel family.

Price: $89
Available now!

More details here

noeticsound
I like it! A very clever, flexible design that’s affordable in both currency and hp.
Armstrb
Nice job! A reversible panel would be awesome!
L.C.O.
intellijel wrote:
[...]

It has eight front panel inputs and two outputs.

[...]

Looks like 6 inputs to me?

A little mixup?
Xssory
holy shit this is a smart little mixer - love the chaining!

might have to pick a few of these up
Estes
nice! looks good!
JakoGreyshire
intellijel wrote:
-snip-

It has eight front panel inputs and two outputs. Inputs 1 and 2 are single-channel mono inputs, each with its own mute switch and level control; Input 3 is a dual-channel stereo input with a shared mute and level control; and input 4 is an auxiliary unity-gain, non-mutable stereo input.

-snip-
Because Mixup is designed specifically for audio (and not for CV mixing), it uses AC-coupled circuitry (which reduces the potential for ‘pops’ when muting and unmuting audio), and it uses audio-grade, logarithmic attenuators for a smooth, even response across the entire volume range.

In a lot of my own personal patching experiments I kept encountering the need to mix a few mono sources with some stereo ones and then summing them all to a stereo mix. I wanted something compact for this purpose and the Mixup was born out of this need. So far it has proven to be a really handy new member of the intellijel family.

-snip-

Here you said eight inputs two outputs.... I see six inputs... eek!

I like the no pop mutes!! Very nice... And yes.. I just got my first stereo in and out module.... I'll probably need this mixup soon... Also to make mono signal stereo...

Thanks for the great modules! This one is purty smart!
thumbs up thumbs up
Muse FTW
Lovely size.
Dcramer
Great price! thumbs up
kisielk
L.C.O. wrote:
intellijel wrote:
[...]

[...]

A little mixup?

Two inputs via the chain input on the PCB.
Veqtor
This is great, been looking for something like this!
ben_hex
This is great, definitely welcome more compact stereo mixing options. Nice one Danjel (and anyone else involved).
js213
Well, that's just what I needed. So compact and affordable too.
bc3
I'm sold! Solves a problem I just ran into last evening and low and behold Intellijel has a solution, thank you!
lohacker
Very useful and well thought as all of your lineup! thumbs up
js213
mdoudoroff
I love everything about this except… no basic panning control? What’s the workaround there?

(I’ve also added the module to the stereo mixer comparison.)
Armstrb
Turn it in it’s side and make it 1U?
L.C.O.
kisielk wrote:
L.C.O. wrote:
intellijel wrote:
[...]

[...]

A little mixup?

Two inputs via the chain input on the PCB.

Ooooooh!
Sneaky!
hihi cool
mdoudoroff
Well, I think Intellijel is onto something powerful and elegant, here, with the chaining, but what I really need is the conjectural $130 8HP Mixup+, with panning pots. That would solve a very real submix problem for me. I’d also think a couple of those plus an Azimuth (for voltage control) would be a pretty sweet stereo mixer solution for some folks.

Godphaser
Pretty pretty pretty good!

Stereo mixers rule.
intellijel
mdoudoroff wrote:
Well, I think Intellijel is onto something powerful and elegant, here, with the chaining, but what I really need is the conjectural $130 8HP Mixup+, with panning pots. That would solve a very real submix problem for me. I’d also think a couple of those plus an Azimuth (for voltage control) would be a pretty sweet stereo mixer solution for some folks.

Looks good, something we could consider for sure. Once you go wider and more expensive you can certainly add more features like panning/balance, signal indicators, dual clip leds etc. but is obviously important to keep a balance of features/price/size.
MvK
for me personally panorama would only make sense if CVable. Maybe even with attenuverters. It would even more seperate the product from the already existing one and they can still be chained together to achieve a very modular and user configurable mixer system. Maybe even a 3rd version with VCAs.

I'll swap my stereo Mixer with this one next year. Saves me 4hp :-)
mdoudoroff
MvK wrote:
for me personally panorama would only make sense if CVable. Maybe even with attenuverters. It would even more seperate the product from the already existing one and they can still be chained together to achieve a very modular and user configurable mixer system. Maybe even a 3rd version with VCAs.

I suppose we’re all a bit different, but I’ve never found a need to CV-pan more than one or two channels at a time. But I seldom want more than one or two channels dead center.
kisielk
mdoudoroff wrote:
MvK wrote:

I suppose we’re all a bit different, but I’ve never found a need to CV-pan more than one or two channels at a time. But I seldom want more than one or two channels dead center.

That's kind of what this was designed for. Out 1 and 2 give you mono center pan, so you can put eg: your kick and bass right in there. 3 and 4 are for stuff you want to pan, but it's up to you to pan it. For our systems it could be either Planar, Azimuth, or a delay output from the Rainmaker, etc.

It's definitely not a do everything mixer, but it covers a lot of common uses in a small footprint.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5