MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Implementing 303-slides correctly via MIDI - OTB
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Implementing 303-slides correctly via MIDI - OTB
steffie268
Hello,

I own an E-MU XL-7 and some analogue monosynths (which are primarily intended as "acidboxes")...

When two notes overlap, a slide happens as soon as the second note is activated.
In the TB-303 however, the slide happens before the second note is activated...

It may be possible to correctly implement 303-slides on the XL-7 by setting the gate length of the first note to 100%, setting the gate length of the second note to 51% then shifting the second note forward by a number of ticks (ideally around 200 ms)... This would obviously be very cumbersome and time-consuming.

Does anybody have a better idea for implementing "correct" 303-slides in the XL-7?

If not, would it work if I get a 303-clone sequencer like the Acidlab Autobot, send its CV/gate/accent into a CV to MIDI converter and record that MIDI into my XL-7? Are there any caveats that would prevent this method from yielding the desired results?

thx and grtz
steffie268
smile

"The slide does not happen "before the second note is activated". That's an internet legend.
The same CPU line that loads the note value into the latch for the R2R DAC is also used to control the slide circuit.
The edge of the pulse that loads the second note value stays high to enable the slide." (off a Facebook group)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1