MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Vermona Retroverb Lancet - thoughts?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Vermona Retroverb Lancet - thoughts?
odditymedium
seems fantastic from the reviews and videos i've seen so far - does anyone here have one? thoughts?

is it a dealbreaker that it is mono?

is the UI as smooth and buttery and all of vermona?

cheers
Jason Brock
I have one on the way, we'll see. Mono doesn't bother me on pretty much any device, I don't worry about stereo image until mixing down. And then I suppose I could apply it in dual-mono fashion if I wanted to mix it in on a stereo instrument.
odditymedium
what is dual-mono
medium Rob
I use it for the filter, which could be described as "buttery" (it's bubbly, even) and "smooth", the build is top quality.. the reverb part of it feels a bit gimmicky, though I still haven't dialed in a consistent, effective setting. Haven't used the CV/gate inputs on it yet. Don't care about it being only mono, but it's nice for something like the Digitakt, which has two outputs - you can route one (L) through the Retroverb and the other (R) straight to the mixer, for an effective/variable wet/dry mix. Also, you can pan specific elements (on the Digitakt) to be processed by the Retroverb.
odditymedium
rob - is it a replacement for say an eventide space or a strymon bigsky? i'm mainly in it for the reverb...
medium Rob
I'd say definitely not, but I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts on it. There's an existing thread in the General Gear forum, just search w/the primary keywords..
Jason Brock
odditymedium wrote:
what is dual-mono

I mean, if you want to apply it to a stereo track when recording a song, you could always run it through twice - record the left channel effect 100% wet, then the right channel on the next pass.

odditymedium wrote:
...is it a replacement for say an eventide space or a strymon bigsky?

Not at all, the Retroverb is just a spring, and more likely a "special effect" type of device instead of creating realistic room reverb spaces.
Messaline
I have one and love it to death! Anything sounds better through it. The drive is lovely, the filter super smooth and nice, and the reverb, well, it’s a spring reverb so it does only one kind of sounds, but it’s great. The envelope follower is really useful too for compressing things. You can control some stuff with cv too which is really fun. It’s also built like a tank. I ended up getting another more complex reverb to complement it but am still using the retroverb lancet all the time
gentle_attack
odditymedium wrote:
rob - is it a replacement for say an eventide space or a strymon bigsky? i'm mainly in it for the reverb...

There's a similar device out of Baltimore called the "Ehkdahl Moisturizer" by Knaster. Might be worth checking out.

Overdrive circuit
Exposed spring reverb that can be struck by hand
Multimode resonant filter
One internal LFO
CV control of several parameters: hardwired via the LFO and/or 1/4" TS inputs on back

---
Neither of these devices replace Space by a longshot. The closest device (not that close!) would be the Strymon Flint.
notmiserlouagain
These got nothing to do with any Strymon stuff, these are not effects, more, well, synths if that makes sense.

I´m not neutral about them, I love their sound and flexibility

What´s up with mono? Do you have any stereo oscillators seriously, i just don't get it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1