MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-1: output the internal clock possible?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-1: output the internal clock possible?
robbert
Is it possible to output the internal clock (without any midi device connected) so it can be used as a standalone clock generator?
robbert
Anyone? seriously, i just don't get it
os
Yes, absolutely. Just set up a tempo-synced square LFO.
kattengat
Hey Os,

My clouds and Batumi modules are not responding to the FH-1 clock out (tempo synced square lfo) and they do respond to the clock out of my Kenton midi/CV.

I'm using a beatstep controller, have it sending out a square LFO, tempo and intensity is working well and my intellijel vco's and filter are responding to the FH-1 lfo but as said, clouds and Batumi are not receiving anything on their trigger inputs.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

STEF.
os
What are the FH-1 output LEDs doing? Can you see the clock being output?
robbert
Back to my question, a tempo synced lfo would still need an input from a midi device. What I was thinking of is some setting by the push encoder of the fh-1 itself, tap tempo on out 1 and mybe some subdivisions ormultipluers on 2-7
os
You can use the FH-1's internal clock, which can be started with tap tempo. Refer to the manual.
robbert
I do not understand the manual, that‘s the point.

In my understanding I can use the internal clock source to drive the synced lfo, so far so good.

But to get an output of this lfo I‘d need to set a lfo depth via a cc-value. If that is true then I will still need an external midi device.

Sorry but for me this module is very hard to understand.
os
You can set up the LFOs via MIDI, then save a preset and use it without the MIDI controller.

Or you can set everything up via the config scripts.
mattsb
I happen to be struggling with this too, so to clarify I need to set

- Square LFO amplitude to something like 127
- Clocked LFO speed to 64 (which = 1 ppqn?)
- Do I need to set a Square Wave pulse width, or is there some non-zero default ?

Anything else ?
os
Pulse width defaults to 50%.

You might want to set the direct level (CC 0-7) which sets the ‘midpoint’ of the LFO.
mattsb
kattengat wrote:
Hey Os,

My clouds and Batumi modules are not responding to the FH-1 clock out (tempo synced square lfo) and they do respond to the clock out of my Kenton midi/CV.

I'm using a beatstep controller, have it sending out a square LFO, tempo and intensity is working well and my intellijel vco's and filter are responding to the FH-1 lfo but as said, clouds and Batumi are not receiving anything on their trigger inputs.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

STEF.

I ran into something similar to this last night where Maths would respond to the Square LFO but Tempi and Contour would not. I figured it was because the FH-1 was outputting -5 to +5 V so I changed all the jumpers on the back so that all the outputs generate 0-10V and that solved the problem. Os made the observation above that maybe we need to change the midpoint, perhaps with a view to having the FH-1 generate 0-5V for the square waves.. Not sure.. 0-10V works for me generally anyway.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1