MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

5U Panels for Eurorack ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author 5U Panels for Eurorack ?
interferenz
Hi,

Are there any 5U panels in which I can mount an Eurorack Module?

I am thinking of a panel with a dotcom power connector and a power converter to 12 V. Would be an easy way to integrate one or two modules...
JohnLRice
Hi,

There were some good proposals and discussion in this thread almost 3 years ago: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1836735
sduck
interferenz wrote:
an easy way to integrate one or two modules...

Maybe if you only had one euro module. The problem is, once you have 2, then a month later you have 4, then a month after that you have 8, and so on...

(what, you think I'm kidding?)
JohnLRice
sduck wrote:
interferenz wrote:

Maybe if you only had one euro module. The problem is, once you have 2, then a month later you have 4, then a month after that you have 8, and so on...

They are as addictive as Lays hoped their potato chips would have been.

ranix
it's reasonably easy to put 5u and eurorack together in the same 19" case. I have a row in my system set aside for this because in many cases it's far simpler and cheaper and easier to just use a eurorack module and some 1/4" to 3.5mm cables than it is to repanel a module from euro to 5u.

I'm using something like https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HappyEndBK and the only problem with it is that it needs an extra 12V ac adapter.
interferenz
sduck wrote:
interferenz wrote:

Oh no, not again.... eek!

I simply would like to integrate some of the more fancy modules from the EURO world in my wooden 5U case. The simplest Euro case with 48 TE goes for 119 EUR @thoman.
But... hihi why 48 TE when I can get 84 HP for 185...... or two rows for 300... as an investment for the future Dead Banana
Eric the Red
You could always cut your own panels? A lot of Euro modules can run off of +/- 15v, so it could be as simply as cutting out a square in a panel, screwing the Module to it and making a power cable.
Schlumpfhut
Eric the Red wrote:
A lot of Euro modules can run off of +/- 15v

And even if not you can always use a power regulator to get 12 V
sduck
For those modules that need them, power adaptors are really easy to DIY - 2 regulators, 2 caps, and the appropriate connectors. An easy to use pcb is available on OSH park for something like 6$ for 3. And then as suggested above, just cut a hole in a blank 5U panel.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1